Morphing Mega Malls
- Fashion Show Las Vegas, Nevada. Pearson, Clifford A. // Architectural Record;Oct1999, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p160
Looks at Orne+Associates' architectural design for the Fashion Mall in Las Vegas, Nevada. Outline of the design plan; Highlights of the design plan aimed at attracting customers' attention; Visitor-friendly amenities.
- Futakotamagawa Rise Galleria Tokyo LightdesignLighting the Way. // Architectural Record;Aug2012, Vol. 200 Issue 8, p124
The article evaluates the architectural and lighting design of the Futakotamagawa Rise Galleria in Tokyo, Japan, that was designed by the architectural firm Research Institute of Architecture: Tokyu Architects & Engineers and the lighting designer Hiroyasu Shoji.
- Refreshing Takes. Bodamer, David // Retail Traffic;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the winners of the 2010 Superior Achievement in Design & Imaging (SADI) Awards, the architectural project for the Dolce Via Tejo retail store, and economic struggles of regional shopping malls.
- La Palmera. Montesi, Terri // Development (08886067);Winter2010, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p38
The article reviews the architectural design of the La Palmera Mall in Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Urban Transformation. // Chain Store Age;May2007, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p60
The article reports that Riverside Plaza, a half-century-old, outdated mall, has been transformed into a new lifestyle destination through the redevelopment efforts of the Westminster Funds. Riverside Plaza, located in Riverside, California, features California-style architecture with stucco...
- Wakefield market hall stays simple. // Building Design;6/27/2008, Issue 1825, p3
The article reviews the architectural design of the market hall in Wakefield, England, which was designed by David Adjaye.
- Viva Valencia! // Lighting Design & Application;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p55
Depicts the lighting and architectural design at the Heron City Paterna Leisure Center in Valencia, Spain. Layout design and features of the mall; Lightings used for the project; Software used to program the lightings.
- Lighting lstinye Park. Barr, Vilma // Display & Design Ideas;Jul2009, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p40
The article focuses on the Istinye Park Shopping Center located on 32 acres near downtown Istanbul, Turkey. The shopping center offers a mix of 300 retail stores. The park boasts a full array of dining options, an entertainment and dancing plaza, an on-site health club and spa, a supermarket, a...
- Urban Utopias. // Travel & Leisure;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p50
Provides a basic description of Putrajaya in Malaysia. Mixture of architectural style; Variety of shopping malls and restaurants; Design of the high-technology Seri Wawasan vision bridge; Construction of a tepee-shaped stainless-steel spire.