Santa Monica Place ready for a major redo?
- New look for Water Tower. Daniels, Steve; Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;04/24/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the renovation of Chicago, Illinois-based shopping mall Water Tower Place. Installation of water displays; Expansion of retail space; Reason for undertaking the renovation; Cost of renovation.
- Mall redevelopment a challenge in logistics. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;07/26/99, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p4B
Reports on the challenges of remodeling shopping malls in Tucson, Arizona. Coordination of the operation to allow shop owners to continue operating; Development of a schedule for the construction work; Study of the original files on the building to be remodeled.
- Livonia Mall tries to remake its image, add bigger stores. Bailey, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p41
Reports on the renovation of Livonia Mall in Detroit, Michigan. Preparation of the mall for an eventual sale; Creation of live performances and activities to attract customers; Revisions made on the Livonia Theater.
- JV Mall shops for more space. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;06/11/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 24
Reports on the planned expansion of the Jefferson Valley Mall in Yorktown Heights, New York. Goal of becoming more inducive to business; Expansion of the Macy's store in the mall; Potential competition with the Somers Common shopping center; Ownership and management of Jefferson Valley Mall by...
- Buena Park Mall Nearing Last Stages in $70M Makeover. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p4
Reports the renovation of the Buena Park Mall in California. Budget for the project; Details on the renaming of the mall; Building undergoing repair.
- $10 million renovation to turn Tanglewood mall inside out. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/6/96, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p2
Reports that the proprietors of the Tanglewood Square Shopping Center plans to spend &10 million to transform the indoor mall into an open-air shopping center. Comments from general manager of Tanglewood Square, Richard Katz; Information on the scheduling of renovation for complex; Details on...
- Northridge: Shaking off the quake. Marlow, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/15/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the need for immediate renovation of the Northridge Fashion Center in California after the January 1993 Los Angeles earthquake. MEPC American Properties Inc.'s purchase of the fashion center with plans of major renovation in 1995; Newscasts' use of the fashion center as an example of...
- Good things in big boxes. Adler, Jane // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p46
Reports on strategies used by store managers in changing their stores and saving losses of millions of dollars. How the northern Virginia mall has been refurbished; When this remodelling was done; Comments from Charles W. Sherren Jr. vice president of management at Saul Centers Incorporated.
- Golden Triangle Mall schedules $3.5M facelift. Rodda // Business Press;09/10/99, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p3
Reports that Golden Triangle Mall in Denton, Texas will be renovated. Two phases of renovations; Owner of the mall; Project's general contractor; Reason behind the decision to renovate the mall; Major goals of the renovation.