San Francisco Music Box changes tune
- Music to their ears. Barrier, M. // Nation's Business;Mar89, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p69
Profile of John and Marcia Lenser and the business they founded in San Francisco, Calif., 11 years ago: San Francisco Music Box Co., which is now a nationwide chain.
- Gifts book redesigns and redefines. L.D., Johnson, // Catalog Age;Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the redesign of the San Francisco Music Box Company catalog, in an effort to increase growth. Average annual growth of the company; 1997 sales of the company; Details on the company's owners; Size of the catalog; Number of persons who received the redesigned catalog.
- Musical retailer adds wholesale. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Mar1999, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p12
Reports on musical gifts retailer San Francisco Music Box Co.'s expansion into the wholesale market. Opening of a permanent showroom at the Atlanta Gift Mart in Georgia.
- Getting Off the Promotions Bandwagon. P.M. // Catalog Age;3/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the plans of the San Francisco Music Box for its Mother's Day catalog in California. Details on the planned design for the catalog.
- Venator title for sale. Girard, Peter // Catalog Age;Oct99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the Venator Group's sale of its eight retail businesses including The San Francisco Music Box & Gift Co. in the United States. Optimism expressed by San Francisco Music Box regarding its possible owner; Profitability of the company; Names of the other units to be sold.
- Music box melodies. Kinsey, Michilinda // Figurines & Collectibles;May/Jun98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p34
Looks at the music boxes from the San Francisco Music Box Company. How the products were designed; Contact information of the company.
- Phantom Tunes. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep2000, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p131
Presents information on the figurines created by San Francisco Music Box Co. which pay tribute to the Broadway musical `The Phantom of the Opera.' Price ranges of the figurines; Highlights of the offering.
- Frisco Music Box Goes Chap. 11. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul2003, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p12
Reports that the San Francisco Music Box Co. has filed a voluntary bankruptcy petition under the provisions of Chapter 11 in the U.S. Decision of the firm to submit a motion requesting joint administration of the Chapter 11 cases of its affiliated entities; Creditors of the San Francisco Music...
- S.F. Music Box For Sale. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct99, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p14
Reports that Venator Group is offering the San Francisco Music Box Company for sale. Business of the San Francisco Music Box; Purpose of the Venator in disposing seven other properties as well as the San Francisco Music Box Co.