N.J. Land Preservation Trust Proposes $1 Billion in Zero-Coupons
- Editorial: Deeply question open space bond proposal. // Inside Tucson Business;1/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p7
The article focuses on issues involving the recommendation from the bond committee in Pima County, Arizona for the county to seek 182 million dollars as part of a total bond package request to purchase an open space.
- Illinois Says Yes to Land, No to Schools. Ward, Andrew; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p1
Focuses on Illinois voters' approval of bonds to preserve open space in three developing counties in the state. Rejection of several school bond proposals; Successful school referendums.
- Get out and vote for the open space bonds. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/22/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 45, p10A
Encourages voters in Long Island, New York to participate in the November 2004 elections and vote in support of four open-space preservation bond propositions. Need to continue funding land acquisitions in Suffolk and Nassau Counties; Concerns about the proper use of the bonds.
- N.J. state senator backs bonding bill for open spaces. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;05/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30403, p1
Discloses that New Jersey Senator Robert E. Littell has proposed the issuance of $210 million of general obligation bonds as a temporary solution to the funding of the state's open space programs. Lawmakers' attempts to find a permanent cash source of funding for the state's Green Acres and...
- Northeast Scrambles to Buy, Preserve Open-Space Land. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30982, p1
Reports that Northeastern states, cities and counties are using bonds to purchase lands within their borders to preserve open spaces. Land-preservation bonding program by Rhode Island; Purchase of undeveloped land by Fairfield, Connecticut; Land purchase and bond issuance plans by Upper...
- Northeast Voters Approve Over $1 Billion of Bond Ballots. O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam; McDonald, Michael; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p34
Reports on the results of bond elections in the Northeast on November 2, 2004. Measures approved in Rhode Island's bond referendums; Bond proposal for open space preservation in Long Island, New York; Bond measures for housing and community development in Maryland.
- MPs support action on streetworks. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;8/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p17
Focuses on a report on the management of public open space which took utilities to task for their failure to reinstate pavements produced by the Commons committee in Great Britain. Highlights of the report; Interest expressed by the Members of Parliament in the idea that companies should be...
- Forest Bond Support. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32048, p31
The article reports on a conservation group study, which shows strong support for a US$75 million bond issue in Kane County, Illinois to preserve open space.
- Chicago-Area Voters Approve $200M For Land; School Ballots a Mixed Bag. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/19/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32611, p3
The article announces the approval of a $200 million borrowing by the Chicago area voters to preserve an open space in Illinois. Kane Country Forest Preserve District was authorized to sell $85 million of bonds to buy undeveloped land as well as Kendall County Forest Preserve District and...