Arizona DOT Plans $190 Million, Mostly New-Money Deal for Highways
- Colorado lawmakers balk at idea of using debt for highway spending. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p2
No abstract available.
- Faced with crumbling freeways, Iowa reconsiders issuing bonds. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p3
No abstract available.
- South Carolina speeds up its new road-financing program. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30444, p3
Reports on South Carolina's plan to issue bonds for various road projects. Estimated amount of the road bonds; Key financing tools developed by state Department of Transportation leaders and lawmakers; Estimated amount of bonds to be sold by the infrastructure bank; Joint Bond Review...
- Bigelow Gulch project planned. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/17/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p2
Reports on Spokane County, Washington's plans to issue bonds to help fund improvements to Bigelow Gulch Road.
- Alabama Highway Authority to Issue $200 Million of Garvees. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p3
Reports on the issuance of bonds by the Alabama Federal Aid Highway Finance Authority. Purpose for the issuance of bonds; Progress in replacing county bridges; Sale of debt.
- New Texas agency to help localities fund road projects. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p1
Reports on the objectives of the North Texas Tollway Authority. Bond sales of the Texas Turnpike Authority, which has been abolished, from 1977 and 1997; Projects of the new agency; Plans for the cities of Grand Prairie, Plano and Austin.
- Harris County, Tex., Execs Are Eyeing a Bond Vote for Roads. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p1
Reports the suggestion of Harris County commissioners to solicit public support for a bond referendum in Texas. Aim of financing the construction of roads and bridges; Possibility of building the projects without tax increases; Impact of population growth.
- Toll Tug-of-War in South Carolina. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p1
The article reports on the argument between South Carolina investors and the state over who will receive a bigger share of revenue from bankrupt bond-funded toll road outside Greenville.
- Massachusetts treasurer, `Big Dig' brass exchange barbs over project funding. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p1
States that Massachusetts Treasurer Joseph D. Malone has threatened to block a general obligation bond issue for the Central Artery/Harbor Tunnel project, an underground highway in Boston, Massachusetts, also known as the `Big Dig.' Concerns over state's repayment of the debt if federal...