- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p35
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Decline of the long-term bond rating for Baptist Health outstanding debt by Moody's Investors Service; Delay of implementing a voter-approved initiative by Governor Jeb Bush; Financial stability of the state governments.
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.
- Alabama rejects lottery. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports on voters' rejection of the lottery plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on October 12, 1999. Annual income that would be generated by the proposed lottery; Purpose of the lottery plan.
- Debate Grows as Alabama Lottery Vote Nears. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on a debate on whether to create a state lottery for Alabama as the October 12 voting nears. Statements from the supporters of the Alabama plan; Arguments from the opponents; Expectation for the Alabama lottery; Efforts made by Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman on his campaign for the plan.
- The Curious Case of Don Siegelman. Kennedy, Mimi // Progressive Populist;12/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p20
The article discusses the case of Don Siegelman as a miscarriage of justice and cites a presidential pardon petition launched by Dana Siegelman for her father after he was put in solitary confinement often making it difficult for family, friends and media to see him.
- Alabama Debates School Reforms As Deadline Nears for Ending Cuts. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p37
Reports on the plan to restore to K-12 schools in Alabama their share of the 266 million dollars that has been cut from state aid to education. Line item veto used by Governor Don Siegelman for the K-12 schools.
- Alabama governor taps trio of underwriters for negotiated GOs. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30674, p3
Reports that the plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman to hire three underwriters to refinance general obligation bonds. Departure from the practice of Alabama of selling debt on competitive basis.