MSRB to Dealers: Online Recommendations Are Subject to Suitability Rule
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p37
Presents statistics of the securities market in the United States. Data on the general obligations yield of municipal markets; Chart depicting US Securities prices; Presentation of the total returns of the municipal market.
- Guam's $418M Issue Held Up By Scandal-Stained Court Battle. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31792, p1
Reports on the plan of Guam to issue multi-million worth of general obligation bonds. Purpose of the bond issues; Specific value of the bond issues; Legislation to authorize the general obligation bonds.
- Independent Security Rights under Russian Legislation. Rasskazova, Natalya // Juridica International;2013, Vol. 20, p94
The article discusses the role of accessority in security rights, the correlation of the concept to that of independence and differences in the regulation of obligations under Russian legislation. Topics covered include the types of security instruments, the norms governing the bank guarantee...
- contract. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p55
Definition for the term "contract " is offered. It refers to any agreement under law including any agreement to buy or sell a security.
- obligee/obligor. Stim, Richard // Contracts: The Essential Business Desk Reference;2010, p327
Definitions of the terms "obligee" and "obligor" are presented, which refer to the person to whom the obligation is owed, and to the person who must perform the obligation, respectively.
- Rite Aid Announces Offering of Senior Notes as Part of a Refinancing of Its 8.625% Senior Notes Due 2015. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;2/21/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article offers information that Rite Aid Corp. has decided to offer 481 million U.S. dollars aggregate principal amount for a new series of notes which will be due for 2020. The notes offered will be unsecured and unsubordinated obligations the corporation will be guaranteed by substantially...
- Convertible Securities---Legal Aspects and Draftsmanship. Hills, George S. // California Law Review;Nov30, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Examines the legal aspects of convertible securities including the draftsmanship of provisions in modern instruments which create the conversion privilege in California. Overview of the period of time during which conversion may be demanded and the proper measure of damages; Improvement in the...
- Does a deviation between the rights and obligations of the board and controlling shareholders affect firm value? Chuan-chuan Huang // Journal of Modern Accounting & Auditing;May2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p1
This study examines the association between firm value and ownership structure, when board and controlling stockholders' voting rights deviate from obligations. The measurement of the corporate governance variables is different from prior research. The author further investigates whether...
- R v Steigrad. Aburn, Bradley // Auckland University Law Review;2011, Vol. 17, p300
The article discusses about a New Zealand court case in which the Court of Appeal decided on the accountability of the company directors, who turned out to be false after issuing securities. The decision conveyed that the investor are best protected under section 58 of the Securities Act 1978,...