Missouri Picks Bear Stearns To Lead $600M Tobacco Deal
- Mo. Plans $50M Of Tobacco Notes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p1
Reports the tobacco asset securitization deal of the Missouri Tobacco Settlement Authority. Plan of the department to sell tobacco notes; Allocation of the proceeds on the payment of outstanding bonds; Role of Financial Management and Columbia Capital Management in the deal;
- Treasurer: Maryland Weighing Tobacco, Taxable Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p5
Reports the debate on the securitization of the national tobacco settlement share by officials in Maryland. Outcome on the issuance of bonds pledged to future payments from the 1998 settlement; Importance of legislation for the issuance of variable-rate bonds; Legal permission of the state to...
- NYC postpones tobacco issue. K.S. // Asset Securitization Report;3/12/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p1
Reports the postponement of the tobacco securitization offering in New York City. Value of the income tax securitization program; Increase of the securitization quota for the program; Sale of income tax securitization bonds in the marketplace.
- California to Pool Tobacco Settlement. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p1
Reports that about 20 California counties are considering pooling and securitizing their tobacco settlement proceeds. Reduction of issuance costs; Mitigation of a risk factor unique to California local governments' tobacco bonds.
- Washington State Tobacco Authority To Put Together Deal-Making Team. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p3
Focuses on the creation of a deal-making team by the Washington State Tobacco Settlement Authority. Responsibility of the team to oversee tobacco asset securitization; Members of the team; Proposals of underwriters and bank trustees.
- Moody's: Tobacco issuance to double. Musero, Frank // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Reports on tobacco securitization trend in the U.S. Amount of issuance for tobacco securitization; Securitization deals of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Securitization transactions sponsored by various states.
- Colorado Defeats Tobacco Bond Bill. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p2
Reports that the Colorado General Assembly has shot down a tobacco securitization bill. Provisions of the bill.
- Before Securitizing Tobacco Cash, States Need to Know Why. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p6
Focuses on the securitization of tobacco settlement proceeds in the United States. Uses of the proceeds; Diversion of tobacco company revenues.
- Fearful of getting burned. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30847, p1
Reports that some states in the United States that will receive a share of settlement money from the tobacco industry are saying no to securitizing settlement funds. Risks of securitizing tobacco settlement money; Impact of asset-backed financing on taxpayers.