Book Sales Suffer From Summertime Blues
- Bravissimo for Books. // America;7/2/1960, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p411
The article focuses on the results of a survey by the American Book Publishers Council that depicts an increased of book publishing for 1959 in the U.S. It depicts an increased of 12.5% dollar volume of sales compare to 1958 and the number of books sold made the same percentage. It cites that...
- Eight University Presses: A National Poetry Month Checklist. Larimer, Kevin // Chattahoochee Review;Winter/Spring2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2/3, p131
The article presents information on the National Poetry Month, which was celebrated in the month of April 2003, in the United States. The planned special events included a star-studded reading sponsored by the Academy of American Poets in New York City on April 9, 2003 as well as countless...
- Ohio University Press Rebrands Trade Imprint. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;9/16/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 37, p11
The article reports that Ohio University Press (O.U. Press) is planning to enhance its visibility in the trade by rebranding Swallow Press. O.U. Press entered into a licensing agreement with Swallow press in 1979, officially becoming O. U. Press' trade imprint in 2008. Topics include the...
- University Presses Seek Broader Markets. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;8/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 13, p14
Recounts the important highlights of the Association of American University Presses' annual meeting in June 1990. Tendency of many university presses to publish scholarly books with a broader popular appeal; Importance of increasing profitability and expanding the number of books published...
- publication information. // Philosophy & Rhetoric;2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, preceding p2
The article offers information on the journal "Philosophy and Rhetoric," published by The Pennsylvania State University Press, which include its subscription information contact, correspondence, and copyright information.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS. // Tempo;Oct2002, Issue 222, p8
Announces the publication of the magazine 'Tempo,' by Cambridge University Press in England beginning January 2003.
- Scholarly presses forgo e-books. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Nov2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p21
Reports the publication of electronic journals at the Canadian university presses. Reduction of printing and warehousing costs with the e-books; Allocation of funds for e-journals distribution; Hindrances to the publication of e-books.
- MIT press. // Waste News;10/27/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p43
Reports that MIT Press launched the `Journal of Industrial Ecology,' edited a the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. Information on the new quarterly; Contact point to subscribe to the journal.
- Harvard UP Display Room, 50 and counting. J.R. // Publishers Weekly;5/11/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 19, p26
Notes that Harvard University Press (HUP) marked the 50th anniversary of the HUP Display Room at Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts, in April, 1998. What the Display Room is; Comments from manager Jeff Flemming and sales director Chris Palma.