PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- People In The News... // Book Publishing Report;05/07/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p8
Presents updates on book industry executives in the United States for the week of May 7, 2001. Media veterans attracted by Audible Inc.; Promotion of Jennifer Marshall at Anchor Books.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p6
Reports developments in the book industry in the U.S. as of August 2002. Promotion of Julie Grau and Cindy Spiegel to vice presidents of Penguin Putnam imprint Riverhead Books; Addition of the title of president to Julie Burns of Ingram Book Company; Selection of Peter Clifton as president of...
- People. // Publishers Weekly;7/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the selection and appointment of several executives in the book industry in the U.S. Tracy van Straaten at Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing group; Alicia Brooks at Rights Unlimited; Ellen Faran at Beacon Press.
- Schrank Joins 17th Street. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the appointment of novelist and columnist Ben Schrank as editorial director at U.S. book packager 17th Street Productions in November 2002. Significance of Schrank's background in the trade publishing and literary worlds; Details on the company's deal with MTV Books for the...
- people. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p17
Presents an update on executive appointments in the U.S. book industry as of January 6, 2003. Appointment of Sean McDonald at Riverhead Books; Selection of Stephen Arkin at Paulist Press; Position of Carol Bystrom at Malloy Incorporated.
- Book `em: A look at consumer demand for books. Niemira, Michael P. // Chain Store Age;Jun98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports on the increase in reading time of almost all age groups in the United States that may increase book sales. Retail bookstore sales during the first quarter of 1998; Role of the Internet in the demand for books.
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on the performance of the book industry in the United States for 1990. Publishers' revenues for the first nine months of 1995; Book purchasing patterns of the United States consumer; Total sales by the industry; Producer price index for books in the United States; Statistics on exports...
- U.S. book industry. Lofquist, William S. // Book Research Quarterly;Fall90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p89
Assesses the book publishing industry in the United States. Increase in revenue for the first three months of 1990; Surge in demand for books and personal consumption expenditures; Data on purchases, sales, production and hours worked in employment and earnings; Growth in exports and imports of...
- U.S. book returns, 1984-1989. Greco, Albert N. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall92, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p46
Studies the book return phenomenon that affected the United States book industry for the year 1984 to 1989. Statistics about the US book industry; Causes of the increase in book returns; Suggestions to reduce book returns.