IN THE LOOP
- S&S title only at Barnes & Noble; black booksellers irked. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the anger of African American booksellers over the fact that a new Simon & Schuster title `The Big Book of Faith,' has been unavailable to independents. Accusations of an exclusive deal between the publisher and Barnes & Noble; Explanations from Simon & Schuster and Barnes & Noble
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p6
Reports on developments related to the books publishing industry in the U.S. as of November 2004. Acquisition by Simon & Schuster Inc. of the rights to a sports gambling book; Purchase by Gotham Book of the rights to Lynne Truss' book; Selection of SBC Communications Inc. as the Wi-Fi service...
- Warner Books on Block? Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 29, p67
Focuses on the views of the U.S. publishing industry on the sale of Warner Books. Significance of Simon & Schuster's integration into Viacom; Book copublished by Barnes & Noble with Warner.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p4
Reports developments related to book sales in the U.S. as of May 2002. Growth of sales at Barnes & Noble superstores; Presentation of a chart depicting the rankings of literary agent agencies; Factors influencing sales depression for Thams Nelson Inc.
- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;05/07/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p7
Presents financial updates relevant to the book industry in the United States for the week of May 7, 2001. First quarter sales of Barnes & Noble.Com Inc.; Decrease in the revenues of Reader's Digest Inc.'s Global Books and Home Entertainment divisions.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;1/2/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p4
The article offers news related to the publishing industry as of January 2, 2006. Brenda Marsh was named vice-president of author relations for Barnes & Noble. There has been increase in backlist sales in 2005 at Simon & Schuster. Hilary Schupf has resigned as director of publicity at Pocket...
- Contemplating Life After Borders. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 2, p5
The article explores the impact of the financial problems facing book retailer Borders on the book industry, particularly the publishers. It relates the response of publishers to the proposal of Borders to turn the delayed payments owed to publishers into interest-bearing notes. Due to the...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 7, p5
The article offers U.S. publishing industry news briefs as of February 17, 2014. Profits rose by 32% at Simon & Schuster publishing house in 2013. Barnes & Noble booksellers announced job cuts, and discusses their Nook electronic reader (e-reader) business. Sales at Hachette Book Group...
- Wiley buys Pearson college titles. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p20
Reports on John Wiley and Sons' acquisition of college textbook titles from Pearson. Sale as part of the United States Department of Justice's requirements for it to approve Pearson's planned acquisition of Simon and Schuster's education division.