Independents Not Counting On A Christmas Miracle
- May Bookstore Sales Soar. // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p20
Reports on the retail bookstore sales in the United States (U.S.) in May 2000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew; Lannon, Linnea // Entertainment Weekly;12/17/99, Issue 517, p74
Provides updates on issues related to book trade in the United States as of December 1999.
- Biz Book Buyers Like Stores. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p11
Reports a survey concerning business books buying in the United States. Percentages of books that are bought in bookstores and in the Internet; Results on the status of borrowing of business books.
- Returns Climbing, While Consumer Book Sales Continued Slide In May. // Book Publishing Report;07/17/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p7
Reports on the decline in sales of adult and children's trade books in the United States in May 2000, according to statistics compiled by the Association of American Publishers. Percentage of drop in adult hardcover sales and children's paperback sales; Returns for mass market paperbacks.
- Publishers Report Dismal January Trade Book Sales, Rise In Returns. // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the sales performance of United States book publishers in January 2001. Categories; Returns as a percentage of gross sales, 2001 versus 2000.
- June Brings Signs Of Hope For Adult Trade Books, As Sales Of Hardcovers and Paperbacks Show... // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the rise in adult trade book sales in the United States in June 2001. Hardcover sales; Paperback sales; Comparison with children's book sales.
- Chain Booksellers Look To Fiction A-List For Christmas Cheer In This 'Challenging' Year. // Book Publishing Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p1
Reports that chain booksellers in the United States are banking on releases from high-profile commercial novelists to bring in sales during the Christmas holiday season.
- Delineating a decade. Simson, Maria; Chevannes, Ingrid // Publishers Weekly;3/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 12, pS24
Compares the trade paperback industry in the United States in 1994 and 1984. Favorite subject matter; Changes in nutrition and cookbooks; Decline in number of mass titles; List of trade paperbacks; Mass market.
- Ups & downs. Ink, Gary // Publishers Weekly;3/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 12, pS29
Assesses the book title production in the United States in 1994. Total number of books recorded in 1993; Output by category; Decline in mass market output; Other categories that showed declines; Decrease in overall average price of hardcover books.