Children 'must have a voice on health'
- patient advocacy:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p174
An encyclopedia entry for "patient advocacy," which refers to the promotion of patients rights, is presented.
- Advocacy Brings Positive Outcomes. Swigert, Nancy B. // ASHA Leader;4/13/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p1
Discusses advantages of self-advocacy techniques in the health care service in the United States. Definition of self-advocacy; Formal and informal structure for self-advocacy; Different types of data available to physicians.
- STORIES FROM THE INSIDE. // California Nurse;Mar2006, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p24
The article presents stories of inmate patients that illustrate that correctional nursing must separate from the legitimate functions and needs of correction personnel. Boundaries between and collaboration with other disciplines and agencies must be established and enforced without patient care...
- Letter to the Editor. Joolaee, Soodabeh // Nursing Ethics;Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p666
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article related to Patients' Bill of Rights in Iran.
- Children in Wales find stronger voice. // Primary Health Care;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the development of advocacy services for children and young people in Wales. Delivery of health care services to individuals; Plan of the Welsh Ministry for Children to create an advocacy unit to support the work of the advocacy task group.
- Protecting children's right to health and reducing barriers. // British Journal of School Nursing;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p477
The article discusses the importance of protecting children�s right to health. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and the Office of the Children�s Commissioner (OCC) have highlighted key areas to promote and protect children�s rights. Health professionals...
- The support worker's role in advocacy. Stonehouse, David // British Journal of Healthcare Assistants;Mar2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p137
Within this article, the author will be examining the support worker's role in advocacy, looking at exactly what advocacy is and what being an advocate means. Who should be an advocate, and when you should not be an advocate? The importance of communication to the process and the ultimate aim of...
- New CA Privacy Laws Effective January 1. // Journal of AHIMA;2009, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the implementation of the two new laws that provide oversight, reporting, rigid requirements, and added penalties for any breach of information on patient's health in California. The laws, which will take effect on January 1, 2009, will impose fines on facilities that fail...
- Receive Reward Points and Help the Profession! // ACA News (American Chiropractic Association);Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p13
No abstract available.