IN THE LOOP
- Holes Has Agent Levine in Bestseller Slot. // Book Publishing Report;6/3/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p4
Reports the success of literary agent Ellen Levine in representing the novel 'Holes,' by Louis Sacher. Popularity of Levine for having represented bestsellers in adult fiction and nonfiction; Awards received by Levine; Success of the partnership between Levine and Sacher for the bestselling...
- Crown Forms Crown Business. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p84
Focuses on the formation of Crown Business imprint by Random's Crown Publishing Group. Type of books to be published by the imprint; Plans of the book imprint.
- Trident Media in Deal With Rightcenter.com. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p20
States that Trident Media Group has signed with rightcenter.com, an online rights-trading operation, to list its titles on the Web site for potential rights sale. Agreement of Trident with Rightcenter Enterprise company; Significance of the deal; Authors represented by Trident.
- ONE FOR THE BOOKS. Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;10/2/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 86, p1
Reports on the merger of New York City literary agencies Ellen Levine Literary Agency and Trident Media Group. Trident's focus on literary representation and the management of intellectual property rights across all media; Ellen Levine's role as a partner and senior officer at Trident Media;...
- News Brief. // Book Publishing Report;10/2/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Crown Publishers, New York, of the rights for three books from diet and fitness guru Jorge Cruise. The first book is scheduled to be released in late 2007. Cruise has sold more than 2 million books and at the same time, he is the author of previous...
- Crown Inks Book Deal With 'WSJ' Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;3/29/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the publishing deal signed by "The Wall Street Journal" with Crown Publishing. Number of books to be published by Crown per year; Executive who will head the book publishing program; Remarks from Stephen Adler, deputy managing editor of "The Wall Street Journal," on the challenges of...
- Good Times Bring Growth for Clarkson Potter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/29/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 48, p28
Celebrates the 40th anniversary of Clarkson Potter, lifestyle imprint of the Crown Publishing Group. Brief background of the company; Details on the operation of the firm; Market performance of the publication.
- Crown Publishers Optimistic About Wall Street Journal Books. // Book Publishing Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the expectation of Crown Publishers for its alliance with The Wall Street Journal in the U.S. Formation of Crown (New York) of a three-year alliance with Dow Jones & Co.; Estimated amount of business book revenues during 2003 generated by Randon House; Inclusion of extended narratives...
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 19, p11
Presents updates on the U.S. publishing industry as of May 10, 2004. Biography to be published by Crown; Information on a book to be launched by real estate developer Donald Trump; Book about legendary surfer Miki Dora.