McGreevey Asks N.J. Supreme Court for Ruling Allowing Contract Bond Sales
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p33
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. Presentation of the arguments of lawyers representing Arkansas before special masters to determine whether the state General Assembly has adequately addressed court orders; Criticism of the Arkansas Board of Education to the key components of a...
- Note Sale for Transpark in Kentucky Gets Go-Ahead From County Judge. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p4
Reports the court ruling on the issuance of bond for the transportation park project in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Construction of the airport; Enhancement of economic development; Budget for land acquisitions and infrastructure.
- YOU BE THE JUDGE. Jones, Bruce M. // Saturday Evening Post;2/18/1950, Vol. 222 Issue 34, p52
Presents the case of a salesman who was accused by a man for stealing his negotiable bonds. Arrest of the salesman without a warrant; Lawsuit filed by the salesman against the man after he was proven innocent; Court ruling on the case.
- Arizona's New Governor Backs Bonds to Bridge Budget Gap. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p1
Reports on a proposal for the sale of multimillion dollars worth of revenue bonds by the Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano in the first budget plan of her administration. Purpose of the sale; Design of Napolitano's plan; Need for the governor to seek legislative approval for revenue bonds.
- West Virginia's $3.9B Pension Deal on Hold. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p4
Reports on the backing out of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise's administration from its proposal of issuance of nearly four billion dollars in taxable bonds. Permissions to be granted under the bond sale proposal; Objections raised by the legislators to the bill permitting the sale; Resolution...
- Historic Hawaii CCRC Sale Scores Despite Tobacco Competition. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p32
Reports on the success of Continuing Care Retirement Center's (CCRC) sale of revenue bonds on January 15, 2003 despite a competition posed by Bear, Stearns and Co.'s tobacco bond sale. Yield offered by CCRC deal; Issuer of the first leg of the sale; Term bonds in fixed rated portion of Series A...
- Low Rates Spark $165M San Francisco Airport Refunding. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p34
Reports on the sale of 165 million dollars worth of revenue refunding bonds in a competitive deal by California's San Francisco Airport Commission. Bonds being refunded by the commission; Financial advisors for the deal; Hopes of the commission from the deal.
- California Power Authority Plans First Trip to Market. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p3
Reports on approval of the first-ever bond sale by California's power authority. Possible utilization of the bonds yield; Ratings assigned by several rating agencies; Corporate profile of the power authority; Job responsibilities of the power authority.
- Biggest Community College Looks to Bonds to Get Bigger. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p28
Reports on sale of multimillion dollar of general obligation bonds owned by Dupage, Illinois-based DuPage County Community College District 502. Maturity value and date for the bonds; Ratings assigned by various rating agencies; Possible utilization of the bonds proceeds.