- U.K. pension industry says eliminate rule. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;2/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
Reports the demand of the pension industry to eliminate Minimum Funding Requirement (MFR) in Great Britain. Aspects of MFR suggested for replacements; Impact of MFR on the local bond market; Replacement recommended by Paul Myers, chairman of Gartmore Investment Management PLC.
- Pension funds take a new look at an old asset class: bonds. Kelley, Bruce // Pensions & Investments;4/5/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p3
Reports that United States pension funds are looking at domestic and international bond markets. Manager searches of pension funds; Changes in core-plus accounts.
- Wayne County Commission Passes Budget. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F336, p1
The Wayne County Commission Thursday approved a 2016 budget that the Michigan county's top executive called crucial to its recovery from its financial emergency.
- A Long Time Coming? // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that the Mexican finance ministry has outlined its auction schedule for the first quarter of 2007 in January, with the proposed increase in size of the MBono 2036, Latin America's first ever 30-year domestic bond, taking center stage. It is expected that the 30-year bond sale...
- Labor secretary outlines plan for pension funding reform. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;3/28/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p1
The article informs that the U.S. President George W. Bush's administration is stepping up its efforts to drum up employer support for its pension funding reform package. Reaching out to employers, Labor Secretary Elaine Chao, in an interview last week with the periodical "Business Insurance,"...
- Illinois Governor Proposes FY 2008 Budget With $16B of Pension GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/7/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32581, p6
The reports on the proposed budget plan of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to issue $16 billion of taxable general obligation pension bonds. The plan will help reduce the state's $46 billion unfunded pension liability. The Governor will also revised his proposal to lease the Illinois Lottery...
- Is Now the Time for Pension Funds to Form a Monoline Insurer? Harper Jr., Eugene W. // Bond Buyer;6/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32900, p38
The article presents views and insights of the author concerning monoline insurance in the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the author, the Bond Buyer's own reporting, supplemented by extended coverage in the financial media, has focused attention on how the market might produce...
- Dissecting cost impact of pension funds' swing into bonds. Xiao, Yingbin; Xiao, Yingjian Julia // Pensions: An International Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p283
The changing investment and regulatory landscape has prompted pension funds to ponder their investment strategies, but there are very few studies to quantify the actuarial impact of an asset allocation shift by pension funds. In their bid to match assets and liabilities to reduce risk, more and...
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30544, p2
Presents news briefs relating to the United States municipal bond market as of December 21, 1998. Includes the rise in notional amount of derivatives holdings by American commercial banks in the third quarter of 1998; Moody's Investors Service's upgrading of the rating on Sonoma County,...