Municipals End Nearly Unchanged; N.Y. TBTA, Seattle, U. of Houston Sell
- N.Y. State Leads With $252M of GOs; Yields Fall Two Basis Points. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p2
Presents information on bond market in the U.S. on May 1, 2003. New York State, the Port of Seattle, and the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority brought a total of more than 500 million dollars in new loans to market, while cash bond yields fell two basis points overall. Treasuries were...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p37
Presents statistical data related to bond market in the U.S. as of September 10, 2003. Data related to daily and weekly municipal bond index; Prices of the U.S. securities; Prices of 40 municipal bonds.
- Munis Ride Coattails of Major Treasury Rally. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p2
The article reports on the impact of large Treasury market rally to the municipal bond market in the U.S. for 2006. The treasuries allowed municipal yields to decline by 3 basis points, making it the largest rally in the year. According to various traders, Treasury rally helped borrowers in...
- Munis Firm in Shorter Session As Yield Levels Attract Some Buyers. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p2
Reports on the revival of some buying interest in the municipal bond market due to the comparative stability in Treasuries in the U.S. Improvement of the market; Percentage of ten-year triple-A rated general obligation bonds; Failure of traders to hold on their earlier gains except for the...
- Munis Weaken in Subdued Trading; N.Y. Bond Bank Prices $490 Million. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p2
Reports that municipal bonds weakened in subdued trading on December 3, 2003 in the U.S. Increase in prices of Treasury bills; Impact of the decline of the Institute for Supply Management non-manufacturing index on the bond market; Municipal bonds that have been priced and repriced; Prospects...
- Southwest bond-watch. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30323, p31
Reports on developments in municipal bonds and government securities in the Southwestern States as of February 3, 1998. Includes Denver, Colorado property owners' declaration of willingness to finance a light-rail line; Bill to allow Atchison County, Kansas to levy an additional sales tax to...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, August 23. // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p2
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of August 23, 2000.
- Muni Bid Weakens, Treasuries Fade; Merrill Wins $200 Million Md. GOs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p2
Reports on developments concerning bond trading in the United States as of February 21, 2001. Decline in the value of municipal and treasury bonds; Maryland's selection of Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. to handle its planned offering of general obligation bonds.
- Munis End Steady; Trading Sluggish As Greenspan's Testimony Looms. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;02/23/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30584, p2
Reports on municipal bond trading activity in the United States on February 22, 1999. Slight price increase posted by municipals; Stability of municipal and Treasury bond futures; Market's uncertainty about what signals Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan might send at his...