Coating Removal Methods
- Q&A. Brandau, Raymond; Meyers, Raymond // Paint & Coatings Industry;Apr96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p112
Presents answers to questions related to protective coatings. Repainting of aluminum siding; Application and need for meat-released enamels.
- Improving Functional Powder Coatings' Corrosion Protection. Varughese, Kuruvila // Products Finishing;Jan2000, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p49
Discusses several ways for improving corrosion protection of powder coatings. Effectivity of fusion bounded epoxy (FBE) as a corrosion protection system for underground pipelines; Critical properties that dictate the performance of the coating; Steps in the corrosion process; Factors that...
- Powder coating with Collins. Collins, Bob // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p35
Presents an advisory centering on powder coating. Includes improving salt spray results; Good geographic location for opening a powder coating job shop; Need for heating parts before powder coating.
- Coatings R&D notebook. Collier, Harvest L. // Industrial Paint & Powder;Dec94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p37
Presents an advisory centering on protective coatings research and development. Includes organic corrosion inhibitors as an alternative to traditional anticorrosion additives; Applicability of drier additives for waterborne coatings; Foam formation in waterborne coatings.
- Akzo introduces low VOC refinishing system. Molla, Tony // Automotive News;Aug93, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p10
Reports on Akzo Coatings Inc.'s introduction of their Sikkens brand Autocoat LV refinishing system. System features; Marketing campaign; Offer of a free training clinic; Contact information.
- Protect skin with organic coating. // Modern Machine Shop;Jun95, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p245
Features Skin Coat, a protective barrier for the skin against noxious substances, by Skin Coat North America. Features; Contact information.
- Don't let CARC put you on-the-spot. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;May97, Issue 534, p27
Analyzes the use of protective coatings on vehicle surfaces. Use of chemical agent resistant coating (CARC); Application procedures of CARC; Protective measures in applying CARC; Causes of paint failures; Removal of CARC.
- Coating with high temperature cutting performance. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Jul97, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p235
Presents the Bond TiAIN protective coating from Multi Arc Corp. Features allowing an extended life of machining equipment; Contact information.
- Coating clinic. Izzo, Carl // Products Finishing;May97, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p22
Presents a question and answer segment on coating. Information on olive drab coating; Two-tone powder coating; Yellowing of white enamel; Cleaning oxidized steel.
- Resin polymer eliminates painting. // Machine Design;7/23/93, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p55
Presents GE Plastics' Geloy XP4025 resin designed to eliminate painted exterior automotive parts. Features; Applications; Advantages; Contact information.