Living Large: Building Big, Bad Backpanels
- SMT flowline. // Electronic News;9/6/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1979, p12
Presents a photograph of the ValuLine surface mount assembly package. DEK 249 screen printer; Philips CSM84 compact surface mounter; Conceptronic forced convection reflow oven; Introductory price; Description of the surface mounter from Philips Industrial Automation.
- Contract manufacturing, new components drive surface mount market. // Control Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p55
Focuses on the continued growth of the surface mount technology market despite a slowdown in capital equipment spending, according to a report by Frost & Sullivan. Projected sales growth from 1997 to 2004; Fastest growing geographic regions.
- Analog's shrinking world. Jung, Walt // Electronic Design;04/01/97, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p169
Provides information about the surface mount (SM) packaging of integrated circuit. SM's advantages over the traditional leaded passive components; Burden experienced by a digital designer on the constraints of SM parts.
- High power dc-dc converters attain viability as surface-mount devices. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;06/23/97, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p60
Reports that dc-dc converters are the final obstacle to fully automated surface-mount assembly of personal computer (PC) boards. Reason for the slow migration of dc-dc converters from through-hole assembly to surface mount; Information on the surface-mount converters developed by Lambda...
- Surface-mount DC-DC converters come of age. Wagner, Michael // Electronic Design;07/07/97, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p107
Discusses the improvement of terminal management which has produced lightweight power converts in a wide range of power ratings, promising lower manufacturing cost and enhanced reliability, with reference to surface-mount technology (SMT). Discussion on the chief obstacle of surface-mount...
- The Correct Land Pattern. Blankenhorn, Jim // Printed Circuit Design;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on issues and problems on surface mount technology (SMT) land pattern for printed circuit boards. Discussion on the abundance of SMT land pattern libraries; Overview of the problem on the location of pin 1; Flaws on physical dimensioning of the land patterns; Debate on the use of metric...
- My Dogma Is Not Your Best Friend. Verbrugge, Mark // CircuiTree;Nov2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p12
The article presents an answer to a question on whether requiring a Rigid-Flex, if there are surface-mount technology (SMT) components on both sides of a board during SMT assembly and circuit installation, is needed.
- SMT/HYBRID/PACKAGING 2002 to Arrive in Germany. // Circuits Assembly;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Highlights the SMT/HYBRID/PACKAGING 2002 conference in Nuremberg, Germany. Packaging of optoelectronics and microsystems; Use of the conference and exhibition as a platform to present solutions on system integration in microelectronics.
- Component Rework: A Small World and Getting Smaller. Walz, Mark J. // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on reworking and repairing of micro surface mount devices using various techniques and tools. Dimensions of the electronic board used in the study; Sequences in the rework process; Development of rework thermal process; Removal of defective components.