Solectron China Promotes Chen
- Former Maxtor CEO Joins Solectron as President, CEO. // Circuits Assembly;Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p8
Reports on selection of Michael R. Cannon as president and chief executive officer at Milpitas, California-based Solectron Corp. Predecessor of Cannon; Job responsibilities; Experience of Cannon in electronic industry.
- Data flows from factory floor to executive suite. Baum, David // InfoWorld;4/18/94, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p75
Features the computerized strategic applications implemented in Solectron Inc. Development of circuit boards and other fundamental components for the system; Replacement of the Clipper system with Shop Floor Tracking and Reporting System (STARS); STARS application in the manufacturing process...
- Solectron opens S.A. plant, expands in Texas. // Electronic News;10/06/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2188, p40
Reports on Solectron's expansion efforts. Background information on the company; Opening of a South American manufacturing operation; Employment opportunities.
- Diversification keys hot numbers at Solectron. Fasca, Chad // Electronic News;03/30/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2212, p54
Focuses on diversification as the key to Solectron Corp.'s financial success. Realized total returns of Solectron's investment; Percentage of Solectron's revenue growth; Presentation of Solectron's other business ventures; Decision of Solectron to expand its offerings to customers;...
- Solectron in expansion, buy mode. // Electronic News;05/04/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2217, p54
Details the expansion plans of contract manufacturer Solectron Corp. New plant in Romania; Expansion in Brazil; Acquisitions of manufacturing assets from NCR; Current European operations.
- Solectron to expand Scotland PCB plant. // Electronic News;10/3/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2034, p78
Reports on Solectron's plan to expand its printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies plant in Dunfermline, Scotland. Number of jobs to be created; Investment in the expansion.
- Chinese and American firms partnering for EV production. Puttré, Michael // Design News;9/22/97, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p13
Reports that Electric Vehicle (EV) components for Solectria Corporation will be manufactured by GPE Industries Limited. Information on the production of motor controllers and gearboxes at GPE China headquarters; Examination of the number of electric vehicles world wide which use Solectria...
- Up and up. Gendron, George // Inc.;Oct93, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p11
Predicts that three-time `Inc.' 500 company Solectron Corp. will appear on next year's `Fortune' 500. Figures for the California-based electronics manufacturer; Other `Inc.' 500 companies that have made the `Fortune' 500 listing.
- OH, THE GLORY OF A BALDRIGE AWARD. Demaree, Allan T.; Kretchmar, Laurie // Fortune;3/9/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p152
Presents information on entrepreneurs Winston Chen and Ko Nishimura who are negotiating to buy two International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) facilities that produce circuit boards. Report that Chen and Nishimura are co-CEOs of Solectron Corp., a San Jose, California, company that...