CEMS 2002 Forecast Grim
- Recoton consolidating home, car. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p45
Reports on consumer electronics firm Recoton's corporate restructuring as of August 23, 1999. Details of the reorganization.
- Fellowes reorganizes, ready for new century. McDonald // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/06/99, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p38
Reports on the reorganization of Itasca, Illinois-based electronics company Fellowes. Combination of its consumer electronics business and computer electronics accessories business into a group called, the Computer and CE Accessories Division; Appointment of Mark Naidoff to head the said group.
- Maytag realigns to link Majaps, floor care. Ciccolella, Cathy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/27/99, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p43
Reports on the realignment of operations by Maytag into four business segments. Extension of innovation strategies to digital markets; Linking of major appliances operations and the Hoover floor care business in a single entity.
- Briefly ... // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar2005, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p11
Reports on developments involving companies in the electronic industry in U.S. Establishment of a new committee of the Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Society; Launch of a new training program for process industry operators by Honeywell Inc; Agreement of Simplex-Grinnell with the...
- Plexus to Close Mass. Plant. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Sep2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the decision of Plexus to close its facility in Ayer, Massachusetts by March 2009 and reduce 170 jobs. The production of the electronics manufacturing firm will be shifted to other Plexus facilities, mostly in Wisconsin. The company will take a $2 million restructuring...
- Daewoo revamps plan to restore profits. Gerson // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p45
Reports on Korea-based Daewoo Electronics' revamping of restructuring efforts after the collapse of negotiations to sell most of its assets. Focus on restructuring designed to stabilize finances and restore profitability; Goal to become a major player in the developing digital entertainment market.
- Sony Corp. streamlines. Hiestand, Jesse // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/21/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 39, p1
Tokyo, Japan-based Sony Corp. plans to announce a long-awaited corporate restructuring on October 28, 2003, though such entertainment ventures as film and music may escape the brunt of the bloodletting because they are already being reorganized. Sony's conglomerate has been under pressure...
- Memec to cut jobs as European business operation restructured. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;7/2/2003, Issue 2106, p10
Reports on the downsizing of the European distribution business of Memec. Jobs affected by the reorganization; Merger of the Unique and Impact businesses; Business division set by Memec.
- Nokia UK staff avoid job cuts. // Electronics Weekly;4/16/2003, Issue 2095, p2
Reports that the Nokia Corp. branch in Great Britain is not affected by the downsizing of the company. Estimate on the number of jobs affected by company downsizing.; Reorganization after downsizing.