SMTA Announces Hutchins Grant Recipient
- Thirty-one States Collaborate to Create National Tests. // NSTA Express;6/28/2010, p2
The article reports that thirty-one U.S. states have united to compete for two federal grants of up to 160 million dollars to create a series of national academic tests.
- Maine Voters Pass Measures Worth $63.5 Million. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p4
Focuses on the voter approval for a loan to aid education and the economy in Maine. Part of the ballot package in bond referendum; Marketing of bonds backed by AA-rated general obligation credit; Support of the governor to the bond issues.
- States in Race to the Top. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p9
The article reports that Florida has become one of the 19 finalists competing for more than dollars 3 billion in the second round of federal education funding in the Race to the Top program.
- Supporting News. // Library Mosaics;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
Presents news and developments relevant to the library community in the U.S. compiled as of January 2003. Congresses; Federal grants to students interested in public library service; Library-related programs and contests; Contests winners.
- Advocacy: The struggle for school-based arts. Cormack, B. // Design for Arts in Education;Jan/Feb91, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p40
Opinion. Discusses the difficulty states face as they attempt to gain funding and support for arts programs in schools and uses the restructured curriculum in Texas as a model. State funding; Public support; Involvement at the local, state, and national levels.
- GRANTS. // Education Week;6/10/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p25
A list of educational grants in the U.S. is presented.
- Where's the pork? Savage, James D. // Issues in Science & Technology;Spring93, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p21
Analyzes the definitions of earmarking for the purpose of solving the problem of political intervention in designating research funds to academic science projects. Politicization of research; Sidestepping of peer and merit review processes; No improvement in research capabilities despite of...
- N.H. school districts line up for Goals 2000 money. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/02/96, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p28
Reports on the New Hampshire school districts' application for a share of federal Goals 2000 grants to finance some projects and programs. New Hampshire districts' access to nearly 2.5 million dollars over the next two years; Specific request of selected districts.
- Employer graduate course assistance. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on Notice 96-68 which provides for guidance concerning certain definitions affecting the proper tax treatment of educational assistance received by employees in the United States under Section 127.