- How to keep pace with the `round-earth' thinkers. Bourque // New Hampshire Business Review;10/08/99, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p3
Discusses the importance of constantly updating employees' skills and knowledge of new technologies. Attendance in conferences aimed at improving the competitive performance of American firms in international markets; Adaptation to new economic realities and technological innovations; Ways to...
- DIARY. // Works Management;Jul2004, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p7
Presents a calendar of events that lists congresses and conventions for employee skills training in the manufacturing industry in Great Britain from September 1 through 22, 2004.
- The big conference: Worth your while? Tylczak, Lynn // Oregon Business Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p64
Presents a question and answer advisory on the proper selection of conventions in Portland, Oregon. Reasons behind attending meetings; Impact of worker participation in conferences to determine employee capacities and for training; Business accomplishment in a meeting by networking with...
- A Round-the-Clock Conference. Hess, Robert H. // Training & Development Journal;Jun88, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p76
Reports on the outcome of a 24-hour employee training conference that used a traditional conference model at the Fort Wayne State Developmental Center in Indiana. Challenges in planning the conference; Conference program design; Provision of consulting and training-the-trainer assistance as...
- TWO GREAT HRD CONFERENCES BACK-TO-BACK. // Training & Development Journal;Apr78, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p22
Presents interviews about the 34th Annual National Conference & Exposition on June 18-22, 1978 in Chicago, Illinois and the 7th International Training and Development Conference on June 12-15, 1978 in Washington, D.C. Objectives of the events; Training equipment and services to be exhibited.
- Funds for training top discussion at CHART confab. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p20
Focuses on the employee training-related issues addressed during the 2003 conference of the Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers in Boca Raton, Florida. Impact of employee training programs on profit; Measures for gaining funding for training programs; Citations of the speakers in the...
- CHART packages food for anti-hunger group during confab. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/28/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p82
Highlights the 65th semiannual conference of the Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers in Saint Louis, Missouri. Collaboration with Operation Food Search, a non-profit organization that distributes food to hungry families; Offer of job training and placement in the foodservice industry in...
- CHART `celebrates' past, future in San Diego at 50th conference. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p74
Discusses the Council of Hotel and Restaurant Trainers' 50th biannual conference held in San Diego, California. Highlights; Panel topics.
- Innovations in Enterprise Education and Leadership Development. // Chief Learning Officer;Mar2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p12
Announces the symposium "Innovations in Enterprise Education and Leadership Development" in Florida, from September 29 - October 1, 2004. List of renowned keynote speakers; List of concurrent tracks; List of facilitated discussion groups.