- Seeking Council. RODRIGUEZ, BRIANA // Back Stage (1946-5440);3/19/2015, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p8
The article announces the March 20, 2015 deadline for the Equity actors' union members to register for the electronic voting of their Equity Council officers and councilors, the union's decision making body.
- 'On The Green In Two...' // Westchester County Business Journal;7/22/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 29, pA10
Focuses on the 2002 Golf & Tennis Tournament in Westchester County, New York supported by the Westchester Arts Council. List of the corporate sponsors of the tournament.
- A perfect match. // Westchester County Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 38 Issue 1, pS8
Features the program of Westchester Arts Council and Bell Atlantic Corp. that would double the funds allocated by cities and municipalities in Weschester County, New York to community-based cultural programs. Economic benefit of the program; Inclusion of arts into community planning by...
- No TYPICAL DONOR. Perović, Lydia // C: International Contemporary Art;Winter2008, Issue 100, p4
The author tackles the competition between small arts organizations and large institutions for sponsorship in Canada. She states that since contemporary arts are not deemed essential, the industry can only resort to celebrity culture, branding, sponsorship advertising, and hype production. She...
- Culture club courting mass-market brands. Cooper, Lou // Marketing Week;5/26/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p26
The article reports on the significance of the growth of cultural organizations seeking for private support in Great Britain. It states that cultural organizations in the country are facing challenges in funding due to the government's decision to cut the budget for arts, prompting them to seek...
- Drawing attention. Jones, Geraldine // Contemporary Review;Jan1998, Vol. 272 Issue 1584, p34
Discusses the increase in the number of art societies worldwide. Technological inventions of the twentieth century; Functions and aims of artistic societies; Effect of the World War I on art trends; Achievements of the Society of Graphic Fine Art.
- Untitled. // Advertising Age's Creativity;Mar1997, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p4
Reports that the Art Directors Club of New York will present its Japan Festival exhibition in March 1997. Exhibition of the photography of Tohru Ohe; Display of graphic photo designs by Katsuhiro Kinoshita.
- WPA absorbed by Corcoran. Hernandez, Eloy J. // Afterimage;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the Washington Project for the Arts (WPA), a non-profit arts organization in Washington D.C. which was founded in 1975. Decrease in WPA's funding from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA); Merger of WPA with the Corcoran Gallery of Art; Information on the Corcoran; WPA's annual...
- Australian Art Link. Levy, Michael // Craft Arts International;1995, Issue 33, p100
Features Australian Art Link, an organization that provides artworks to corporate and private businesses, government departments, hotels and the health care areas. Art gallery on wheels; Visual art as a powerful component of any planned environment.