- Are electrical fittings 'plant'? Foreman, Tony // Accountancy;Jul1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1055, p101
Discusses the case 'Inland Revenue Commissioners v Scottish and Newcastle Breweries Ltd' in Great Britain. Expenditures on electric light fittings, wiring, decor and murals in hotels and public houses.
- Comment on Recent Cases. // California Law Review;Mar1914, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p231
Comments on several cases filed in California in May 1914. Commerce between ports of the same and different states; State license tax on itinerant vendors; Constitutional issues in the vaccination of students.
- The Parol Evidence Rule in California. McWilliams, Robert L. // California Law Review;Sep19, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p417
Discusses the parol evidence rule in California or the execution of the contract in writing. Codal provisions dealing with parol evidence rule; Importance of the distinction of the rule; Validity of the execution of the contract in writing.
- Tupe update. McMullen, John // People Management;9/17/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p22
Summarizes court decisions on business transfer cases in Great Britain. Credit Suisse First Boston (Europe) Ltd. versus Padiachy; Wilson versus Saint Helens Borough Council.
- Bottom Line Disputes. PODGERS, JAMES // ABA Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p62
Presents tips for lawyers on how to deal with commercial cases. Complexity of the commercial law; Estimated number of commercial and tort cases in the United States in 1998.
- Keeping Current:. Maloney, James Edward; Atlas, Katharine M // Business Law Today;Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p1
The article presents information on the In re MFW Shareholders Litigation, C.A. No. 6566-CS court case in which the Delaware Court of Chancery has issued an important securities-law decision. Leo E. Strine Jr., a Delware judge, has ruled that Delaware courts should apply the Business Judgment...
- Getting it into proportion. Niekirk, Paul // Accountancy;Dec1993, Vol. 112 Issue 1204, p106
The article focuses on the case "Cheese v Thomas" in Great Britain. Mr. Cheese had an arrangement with his great-nephew Mr. Thomas that they would buy a house. However under uncontrollable circumstances, they have to sell the house and divide the sale between them. The problem arose when the...
- Incorporation of terms. Brewer, Geoff // Contract Journal;10/26/2005, Vol. 430 Issue 6548, p31
Focuses on the approaches that need to be taken by a party tendering a document to effectively incorporate express terms in a contract under the English law. Reason of the court for rejecting the application of the disputed contract conditions in the case Poseidon Freight Forwarding versus...
- Parsons and another v George and another. Dobson, Sally // Estates Gazette;7/31/2004, Issue 431, p93
Presents information on the case Parsons and another versus George and another case, which deals with an application for new tenancy in 2004. Background on the case; Significance of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 in Great Britain.