Confusion reigns as France shortens its working week
- Not an hour to spare. North, Sarah-Jane // Employers Law;Mar2003, p14
Focuses on the effort of some employers to implement an annualized hours system in Great Britain. Results of a survey on the opt-out from the Working Time Directive; Benefits of the yearly averaging of working hours; Provisions introduced in the Employment Act of 2002.
- Hours and theirs. Temperton, Ellen // People Management;11/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p25
Examines how European Union countries have dealt with the issues contained in the working time directive. Amendments to the Working Time Regulations; Length of a working week in Germany; What governs working hours in the Netherlands.
- Employment law clinic: Working time. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p15
Analyzes legal options available to British employers under circumstances when an employee withdraws his consent from average working week opt-out policy adopted by the company. Rights of the staff with regard to the opt-out agreement; Circumstances under which an employer can extend the...
- Flex time bending required. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p4
Opinion. Reacts on the proposed United States Senate Bill 4 amending the Fair Labor Standards Act, which inhibits employers and employees in a small business from using compensatory and flexible time schedules while performing their jobs. Entry into an agreement by employer and employee...
- Give me a break! // Works Management;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p15
Describes employment laws affecting a working time dispute at Knutt & Boult MD in Great Britain. Background of the dispute; Problems in the employment contract of the company on work schedules.
- Hours to behold. Aikin, Olga // People Management;4/30/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p19
Scrutinizes the draft regulation on the working time derivatives of employees in Great Britain. Provisions and limitations of the derivatives; Conditions where employees are entitled for a rest period; Implications of the regulations on home workers. INSETS: Negotiated hours;Important...
- Time-sheet laws. // Restaurant Business;Nov2011, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p52
The article provides an answer to a question on the legality of deducting work hours from time sheet of employees if business was slow.
- Alternative working patterns. // Accountancy;Oct88, Vol. 102 Issue 1142, p50
Presents a case on alternative working patterns in Great Britain. Details of the case; Legal precedents; Policy implications on employment law.
- TAX. // Accountancy;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 1257, p78
Reports that individual employees are allowed to work longer hours if they reach agreement with their employer, according to the draft regulations to be issued by the Department of Trade and Industry in Great Britain.