Internet technology lets firms filter out students
- The allure of online. Smethurst, Steve // People Management;7/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p38
Deals with the role of the Internet in job creation and the benefit gained by the human resources department from Internet recruitment strategies. Cost savings from Internet recruitment; Information on the recruitment website of restaurant chains Brewster and Brewers Fayre; Disadvantages of...
- Finding needles in a haystack--Using the Internet to... Gavan, Peggy // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/06/98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p43
Presents information on how to recruit employees with the use of the Internet in the United States. How Amy Anderson-Witchell, vice president and chief operating officer at Occupations Inc. provided an employment section in the company's web sites; Employment related information posted in the...
- Online Timeline. Ojala, Marydee // EContent;Apr/May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the issue of going online. Information on the start of the practice of going online; Explanation on the idea of going online versus the idea of being online; Views on the aging online.
- Don't put all your eggs in the internet basket. // Recruiter (Online Edition);12/8/2011, p1
The article focuses on the statement of Steve Finkel, a recruitment industry trainer, recruiter and author, regarding the use of internet in finding potential employees presented during the global network of Antal International Ltd. held in London, England. According to Finkel, recruitment...
- Getting Ready for the Dot.Coms. Drotos, J. Chip // Behavioral Health Management;May/Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the problems faced by organizations in primary healthcare in adopting the Internet. Status of the Internet industry; Overview of the dilemmas in the online health information field; What can be done to guard ethics and privacy on the Internet.
- Evolving business model puts hotel's needs first. Adams, Bruce; Whitford, Marty // Hotel & Motel Management;7/2/2001, Vol. 216 Issue 12, p1
Reports the hotel installations of high speed Internet in the United States. Proper demographics for Internet installation; Costs of the installations; Charges for Internet access; Models proposed by Internet service providers to hotels.
- Find or make your vertical portal now. Ward, Eric // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p40
Discusses vertical portals or vortals, which are online Web guides for a specific industry or subject. Why Web surfers are attracted to portals; Key difference between a portal and a vortal; Prediction of some Internet industry gurus on vortals.
- Austria Online for Agents. Ruggia, James // Travel Agent;8/1/2005, Vol. 322 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the Austrian Tourist Office's launch of an online resource center to assist travel agents in learning about the Central European country and provide them with marketing and sales tools. Internet address; Resources available on the Web site.
- Friendly Sites. McElmeel, Sharron L. // Library Talk;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p37
Presents child-friendly Web sites for students' recreation and research. Major links of the SafeSite web site; Curriculum-related programming of the Scholastic Network; Features of the KidsConnect site designed by the members of the American Library Association's School Library division.