`Dynamic testing' reveals real abilities of drop-outs
- Residential location and youth unemployment: The economic geography of school-to-work transitions
Riphahn, Regina T. // Journal of Population Economics;Jan2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p115 Regina T. Riphahn Department of Economics, University of Mainz, D-55099 Mainz, Germany (Fax...
Investigates the post-secondary school transitions of school leavers in response to increased international policy attention to youth unemployment in Germany. Discussion of youth unemployment in an international perspective; Distribution of school leavers across destination states by...
- Arrest and dropout rates. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Jun1996, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the national rates of school dropouts and arrests among young Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders in Australia according to a survey conducted in 1994. National unemployment rate of indigenous youth; Young males as being in trouble with the law in particular.
- Employment & training. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1992, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the increasing rate of unemployment among school leavers in Australia. Decline in apprenticeships; Areas with high youth unemployment figures.
- Mayors Fear Effects of Teen-Age Unemployment, Dropouts. Foster, Susan G. // Education Week;5/5/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p7
The article reports on a survey of youth unemployment in the U.S. The survey conducted by the U.S. Conference of Mayors, reveals that officials of the nation's major cities are bracing themselves for the worst this summer because of unprecedented unemployment rates among teenagers that threaten...
- Unemployment rate 35.9 percent among dropouts. // Compensation & Working Conditions;May2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the unemployment rate among high school dropouts in the U.S. between October 2000 and October 2001. Comparison between White and Hispanic dropouts; Employment of African-American dropouts.
- School Drop-outs Have FUTURES. Dempsey, Donna // Behavior Analysis Digest;Summer2005, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
Assesses the effectiveness of the FUTURES program, a five-year program at the Baltimore City School System in Maryland aimed at high school dropouts. Unemployment risk of high school dropouts; Components of the FUTURES program; Comparison of the drop-out rate of the FUTURES program and the...
- NEW PUBLICATION FROM THE CHILDREN'S BUREAU. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Apr62, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p707
The article presents information about a new publication from the U.S. Children's Bureau Information Service. How one community is providing the answer to the problems of youth out of school and out of work is the subject of the 12-page pamphlet titled The Lebanon Story. It describes the methods...
- What happened to the high school class of 1985? Cohany, Sharon R. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct86, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p28
Reports on key issues and developments relevant to high school and college enrollment in the U.S. compiled as of October 1986. Overview of school dropouts; Incidence of unemployment for high school graduates; Factors influencing youths to drop out of high school; Implications for labor and...
- Business leaders to tackle school leaver unemployment. // Education (14637073);2/24/2006, Issue 211, p2
Unveils the plan of business and education leaders to reduce school leavers unemployment in Scotland. Response of Scottish First Minister Jack McConnell on the plan; Mission of the Determined to Succeed program for school leavers.