Putting the 'person' in personalized
- Revamped administrative jobs more 'doable.'. EdSource // Leadership;May/Jun2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p19
Examines the revamp of school administrators to address the decreasing number of qualified candidates for administrative positions in California. Re-evaluation of roles and objectives of school leaders; Use of realistic assessment to determine staffing levels; Recalibration of compensation.
- Who is in charge of the schoolhouse? Green, Reginald Leon // Education;Summer94, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p557
Focuses on what administrators should do to remain in charge of the schoolhouse and increase student achievement while involving all segments of the community. Leadership abilities; Learning environment; Curriculum; Student retention; Staff development.
- Putting Principals in their place: The Classroom. Frase, Larry E.; Downey, Carolyn J.; Canciamilla, Laura // Thrust for Educational Leadership;May/Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p36
Advises school administrators on how to practice the management practice called management by wandering around (MBWA). Recommended activities to practice MBWA; Need for the board and superintendent levels to approve and promote MBWA; Benefits from MBWA.
- What were your first 90 days like? // American School Board Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 196 Issue 8, p12
A quiz concerning the challenges faced by school administrators is presented.
- Administrators Confront Student 'Sexting'. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Digest;Nov2009, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p13
An excerpt of the article "Administrators Confront Student 'Sexting'," by Kathleen Kennedy Manzo from the June 17, 2009 issue of the journal "Education Week."
- Out of the Ivory Tower and Into the Schools. Jones Jr., R. Robert // Educational Leadership;May90, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p78
Discusses responsibilities of central office administrators while making visits to schools. Requirement to explain various administrators regarding the plan for visit; Need to inform teachers about the visit; Creation of a list of schools to be visited; Duty to submit a monthly report to school...
- Hire POWER. Ezarik, Melissa // District Administration;Dec2003, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p16
Discusses the factors that must be considered in building effective school administrative teams in the U.S. Rules of recruitment; Common mistakes in choosing an administrative team. INSETS: THE RULES OF RECRUITMENT;Thou Shalt Not�.
- MBO: ITS MEANING AND APPLICATION TO EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION. Knezevich, S.J. // Education;Sep/Oct72, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p12
Examines the meaning and application of MBO to educational administration. Administration as a process; Leadership dimensions; Administrative problems unique to educational institutions.
- THE EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATOR AS 'THE PRINCE' Ryder, Sarah // Education;Summer79, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p423
The principles for successful administration are universal and timeless. Using quotations from Machiavelli's �Il Principe�, the author demonstrates by explication and example that what was true for fifteenth century Italy is true today.