Municipals Steady After 2-Day Fall; Governments Gain on Stock Fallout
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/27/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p22
Presents graphical and tabular representations of stocks analysis in Michigan as of June 27, 2005. Comparison of stocks analysis of Dow Jones Index with Standard & Poor's Index; Trading performance of several companies in the state, including Bank One; Municipal bond current market levels of...
- Nearly All Indexes Decline Following Year-End Rally. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33033, p6
The article reports on the decline of almost all "The Bond Buyer's" weekly yield indexes again as a year-end rally continued to increase prices for municipal bonds mainly high-quality debt in the U.S. The municipal bond market has been stronger as prices partially rebounded from sharp downturns...
- Munis Gain as Treasuries Rally On Deep Plunge in Stock Prices. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase marketing activity for municipal bonds; Decline of government earnings report; Growth of the consumer price index.
- Munis Increase 1-2 Basis Points; Treasuries Firm After PPI Rises. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p2
Reports on the increase of municipal bonds in the U.S. Rate of equities; Producer price index; Core producer prices.
- Muni Yields Rise Two Basis Points; N.Y.C. TFA Prices $550 Million. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p2
Municipal bond yields rose two basis points on April 2, 2003, while in the new-issue market underwriters priced 550 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds. Treasuries were mostly lower while equities gained, in part due to renewed speculation...
- Munis end 1/4 to 3/8 point higher; retail trading becomes very active. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p2
Presents an update on municipal retail trading in the United States on October 28, 1999. Factors cited for the improved performance of the municipal bond market; Effect of rising prices on institutional investors; Increase in stock prices.
- Munis Steady to Weaker Ahead of $8.3B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/8/2016, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were steady to weaker in light activity at mid-session, traders said, while Treasuries turned narrowly mixed as stocks moved lower after the release of a stronger-than-expected jobs report.
- Yields Fall for 5th Consecutive Session; Governments Rise on Economic Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p2
Municipal bond yields decline for the fifth consecutive session, dropping three or four basis points on June 20, 2003. Kevin Logan, senior market economist at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, said May 2003 core PPI indicated the economy was experiencing price stability, which did not change...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Close to Recent Lows During Shortened Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p7
The article reports on the status of municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. for the third week of January 2006. The prices for both municipals and treasuries increased as the Labor Department reported that the core producer price index rose by 0.1 percent. Yields declined after the Federal...