Heritage Investors Go After Issuers
- SEC Warns Heritage Plaintiffs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31809, p1
Reports on the receipt of Wells letters from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) by five individuals named in lawsuits filed by bondholders in the U.S. Efforts of the bondholders to recoup some of their multimillion dollar investment in Heritage Healthcare bonds; Purpose of a Wells...
- Merger lawsuits common, but investors seldom benefit. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p15A
The author offers his opinion on merger lawsuits, which investors seldom benefit.
- Great Southern investors file class action. Kennedy, Chris // Money Management;10/21/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the move of the investors in Australia with agribusiness provider Great Southern to introduce a class action to recover losses from the venture against Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (BABI).
- Heritage Settlement, Claim Forms Available Online to Bondholders. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32071, p3
Reports on the availability of a copy of a proposed settlement and claim forms for investors of the defunct Heritage Healthcare company in Chicago, Illinois. Internet site where the copy and claim forms are available; Online services for investors involved in the case; Approval of the attorney...
- Blame the bear. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;8/10/2001, p8
Discusses the rising number of lawsuits filed by investors to recover some of their losses from failed Internet-based companies. Impact of excessive regulation on the operations of stock exchanges; Need for stricter rules for listing stocks; Required appointment of an approved corporate adviser...
- Homeowners associations face lawsuit. ILLIA, TONY // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, pP14
The article discusses a class action lawsuit filed by a group of investors against Southern Nevada homeowner associations including Nevada Association Services, RMI Management and Home Association Services.
- Clash of the California Conduits. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32793, p1
The article reports that a San Francisco, California appeals court has rejected demands by the state's largest conduit bond issuer. It is stated that the issuer demands that one of its former attorneys and employees should be barred from working on deals involving a competing issuer. Detailed...
- Trend: Lawsuit 'venture capitalists' feed litigation fire. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Jan2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p5
The article reports in the new financing system for lawyers, wherein investors make money by charging attorneys interest and gather more amounts if their customers win their cases.
- Earnings dispute. Halcom, Chad // Crain's Detroit Business;3/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p13
The article reports on a proposed class-action case against ProQuest LLC by several of company's institutional and individual investors, which was settled for 20 million dollars on March 19, 2009.