Muni Council Agrees to Send Out RFP
- First tax-supported `natural health' clinic to open. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Jan/Feb96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p4
Reports that Washington's King County Council members have voted unanimously to establish a natural health clinic in the county. Funding of the clinic; Comments on the council's decision.
- Reaction varied to reapportionment proposals. Zah, Erny // Navajo Times;1/14/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 2, pA3
The article reports on the move of President Joe Shirley Jr. to launch a series of meetings to seek opinions and present proposals over the reduction of the Navajo Nation Council into 24 delegates in Navajo County, Arizona.
- County Commissioners Recognize Work of Individuals, Agencies, County Employees. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/17/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 20, p1A
The article reports that County Commissioners from the Van Zandt County, Texas have appreciated volunteers and public officials for their efforts in improving the living conditions for the residents.
- Michigan County tax plan attacked as 'racist'. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30451, p36
Reports on Wayne County, Michigan voters' approval of a November 1998 referendum to raise taxes in the county, despite infighting among three of the 15 county commissioners. Opponents' plan to file a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the plan; Suspicion about the presence of...
- Sauce for the goose. // Public Finance;10/10/97, p32
Comments on a press release by the Nottinghamshire County Council about a race meeting at the local course.
- An end to democracy on the cheap. Milne, Kirsty // New Statesman;07/31/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4396, p13
Discusses the salaries of local councillors in England. Details on the working style being pioneered by the Hammersmith and Fulham council; Amount of money which the Labour controlled boroughs of Camden and Haringey, London will be paid yearly; Requirements of the July 31, 1998 white paper on...
- 'Red flag' raised over incinerator. Abelson, Ben // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/15/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 50, p1A
Reports on the concern of the council members on the plans for an incinerator in Claverton, New York. Corruption in the waste removal industry; Consideration of the proposals of business groups by the Town Board; Revelation of the case related to the project's main proponent.
- Gray matters. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Jul99, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p42
Profiles Vernon Gray, councilmember of Howard County, Maryland. How he got started in politics; Educational background; Involvement with the National Association of Counties; Legislation he has sponsored or supported; Why his focus seems to be on the less fortunate and politically marginalized.
- Rural councils demand SSA review. // Public Finance;09/18/98, p7
Reports that the County Councils Network (CNN) in Great Britain is asking the government for an increase in their local budgets from the central government. Suggestion of CNN on the government can review the calculation of the Standard Spending Assessment; Scheme previously implemented by the...