Perkins Coie Veteran to Join Lukins & Annis
- LAW. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/8/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 33, p12A
Reports developments on various law firms as of August 2003. Establishment of a voluntary public finance system; Increase on the level of the unemployment rate in Long Island, New York; Selection of Elizabeth Adinolfi, associates of Phillips Nizer law firm.
- BUSINESS MATTERS. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/27/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p2
Reports business related developments in New York as of December 2002. Acquisition of Levine & Associates by law firm Micale Stock, LLP to form Levine & Micale, LLP; Increase funding for New York AgriDevelopment Corporation to improve Empire State's agriculture industry; Grants received by...
- N J.'s Conflict Resolution. Cataldo, Adam // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p1
Reports that a new restriction on political donations in New Jersey in October 2004 may contain a loophole that would permit some individuals and businessmen to continue making donations that are much larger than the new $400 limit. Key stipulations of the new regulations; Impact on law firms...
- Florida Expressway OKs $200M Deal for Reversible Lanes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p5
Reports on the approval of the financing package for the reversible lane project by the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority in Florida. Sale of revenue bonds; Payment for the bridge foundation repair costs until reimbursements are recovered from the employer; Appointment of a special...
- The Muni Man Who's Seen It All. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;12/13/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33431, p1
The article profiles public finance lawyer Jerry Fernandez. It notes Fernandez is working at the law firm Hawkins, Delafield & Wood LLP, which is considered as the largest public-finance firm in the U.S., for 60 years since it opened in 1854. Moreover, it highlights Fernandez who played an...
- Texas agency takes more flexible approach to bond counsel. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30708, p3
Reports on the Texas Public Finance Authority's vote to name a pre-qualified list of bond counsel that it can tap to work on planned bond issues. Differences from the authority's previous practice in naming counsel; Law firms responding to the authority's request for bond counsel.
- Day of reckoning. Andrews, Bruce; Tandukar, Amita // BRW;11/30/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p64
The article reflects on the recent BRW survey of the top 25 law firms for the year 2006. According to the survey, revenues of various law firms are growing at close to or slightly above double-digit percentage rates. The BRW survey also shows that while revenues are up, innovation will be...
- Orrick Brings Public Finance to New Houston Office. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;1/20/2016, p9
The article reports that a public finance team will be formed in the Houston, Texas law office of law firm Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe in 2016, which is expected to hire 20 lawyers across several specialties.
- Privileged information. Nias, Peter; Purcell, Nicola // Lawyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p17
Focuses on the implication of the provisions of the Tax Avoidance Disclosure Regime introduced in the 2004 government budget in Great Britain, on the legal profession. Effect of the provisions on the scope of legal professional privilege (LPP); Requirements under the regime; Guidelines issued by...