Salomon, UBS Grab Top Two Senior Manager Slots
- Newly Rated Agency Readies $300M Deal for Philadelphia Area. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p5
Reports the plans of the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority (DVRFA) to sell its revenue bonds in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Use of the proceeds in funding the revolving loan of the authority; Agreement approved by DVRFA about its bond series; Role played by Salomon Smith Barney Inc....
- No Role for Brokers in Analyst Reforms. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the exclusion of retail representatives or brokers in a Research Recommendation Committee created by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. upon settlement with the New York attorney general in May 2002. Purpose of the committee; Adoption of the standards of the settlement by Salomon Smith Barney...
- Stockbrokerages. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/29/2006, Issue 323654, p17
A list of different stock brokers ranked by number of local brokers in San Joaquin Valley, California is presented. The stock brokers include Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., Salomon Smith Barney Inc. and Wachovia Securities LLC.
- Merrill Picks New Chief of Derivatives. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p1
Reports on New York City-based Merrill Lynch & Co.'s appointment of Robert Barber as managing director. Replacement of Mark Paris who joined rival Salomon Smith Barney; Reasons for Paris' departure from Merrill.
- Stockbrokers. // Inside Tucson Business;1/14/2003 Book of Lists, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p61
Presents a chart depicting on the ranking of local stockbrokers in Tucson, Arizona. Number of licensed stockbrokers at Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Products and services offered by the Morgan Stanley & Co.; Local chief management officer of Salomon Smith Barney Inc.
- Time for overhaul. Folk, Douglas // Pensions & Investments;04/19/99, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Argues that the United States bond market is in need of a major overhaul. Alleged failure of domestic bond market indexes to reflect the enormity of the universe of potential investments; Differences between the indexes from Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and Salomon Smith Barney Inc. with...
- Book-managers equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 43, p54
Presents statistics on equity issues from three book managers for the period October 15 to 22, 1998. Merrill Lynch; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter; Salomon Smith Barney.
- Salomon nabs two top tech bankers from Merrill Lynch. Hadjian, Ani Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/09/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 39, p9
Reports that Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has hired two technology bankers from Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. Details of the bankers' experiences; Significance of the hiring for the improved technology banking activity of Salomon.
- Jobs are Drying up Along With New Issues. // High Yield Report;10/12/98, Vol. 9 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the laying off of employees by various business enterprises. Discussion on the laying off of high-yield professionals; Reference to the Salomon Smith Barney, BT Securities and Merrill Lynch companies; Comments from Margie Patel of the Third Avenue company.