- Federal education budget up in 2000; Increase comes with stipulations. // Electronic Education Report;12/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the increase in the federal budget allocated for education programs in the United States in the year 2000.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // Education Week;03/07/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p22
Presents a summary of United States governors' education budget proposals for fiscal 2002. Illinois; Missouri; Oklahoma; Tennessee; West Virginia.
- Far West Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p33
Reports development in the bond market in the Western States as of February 2001. Appointment of Joseph Dubler as chief financial officer of the Alaska Housing Finance Corp.; Allocation of funds for the improvement of state road; Proposal for the use of state-supported public bonds to finance...
- Arizona MLA Opposes No Growth Proposition. // National Mortgage News;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p73
Reports on the opposition of the Arizona Mortgage Lenders Association on the 'no growth' initiative that is on the ballot in November 2000 and the possible moratorium on new construction for two years in municipalities.
- Dubai shows signs of maturity. Foreman, Colin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 39, p24
The article offers information on the real estate market of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Topics discussed include the 2014 edition of Dubai's annual Cityscape exhibitions, recovery in the property market of the nation and impact of capping of home loans on the property market of the kingdom....
- FY 2002: Bush's First Education Budget Request. Rosenthal, Ilene // Technology & Learning;May2001, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the education budget request of United States President George W. Bush for fiscal year 2002. Bush's policy in education; Percentage of increase in the budget for federal education program; Breakdown of the proposed budget.
- Public Finance Groups Attack School Bond Restrictions. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p4
Reports on public finance groups' call for members of the United States congressional tax-writing committees to promote school construction by easing several bond restrictions in the tax code. Proposed changes to the tax law to make it easier for school districts to sell bonds; Proposed...
- N.Y. Legislature Passes Bare-Bones Budget That Incenses Educators. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;8/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p30
Focuses on the passage of the preliminary education budget for schools in New York, New York. Provision of minimal increase in state aid on schools; Criticism of Republican governor George E. Pataki on the proposed budget; Views of assembly speaker Sheldon Silver on their goals in providing...
- State of the States 2002: A Special Report. Diggs, Charlie // ASHA Leader;7/23/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p4
Discusses issues related to the U.S. state budget allocated for speech, language and hearing services for fiscal 2002. Information on the financial crisis faced by the states; Medicaid expenditures; Effect of the state budget crisis on education. INSET: State Advocacy: What You Can Do.