Nevada Voters Likely to Pass $200M GO Measure for Parks
- Indebted to Nature. M.M.G. // Onearth;Spring2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p9
Discusses the efforts of Salt Lake City council member Jill Remington Love towards countering urban development. Introduction of a multimillion bond measure to create parks and preserves in the city; Support for the measure by the residents; Design of the general obligation bonds to preserve...
- The point of a view. McMahon, E.T. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p26
Opinion. Contends that the aesthetic values exemplified by conservationists ' efforts to preserve the United States' natural heritage are as valid as any other function of government, such as public health or economic considerations. How conservationists finally forced the owners of the Navajo...
- No net loss of wetlands. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p20
Opinion. Presents a message from President George Bush on the importance of protecting America's wetlands. Wetlands Task Force; Responsibility of citizens.
- Wetlands: Critical links in natural ecosystems. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p21
Opinion. Argues in favor of a strong conservation section in the proposed 1990 Farm Bill and other legislation to protect America's wetlands.
- New range purchased for Pennsylvania elk. Fegely, T. // Outdoor Life;Jan91, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p8
Reports that three chapters of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) donated $38,000 to the Pennsylvania Game Commission to help buy land in the elk range in Elk county for American elk to roam on.
- Thinking like a mountain. Leopold, A. // Mother Earth News;May/Jun89, Issue 117, p10
Opinion. Criticizes the human desire to control nature instead of leaving it to its own wildness. Report of a 1944 essay by conservationist Aldo Leopold.
- FROM THE FIELD. // Wilderness Society's Quarterly Newsletter;Summer2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on developments of note for, and about, wilderness conservationists in the United States, current as of September 4, 2000. Proposal to connect Yellowstone National Park with other large protected places; Revision of a management plan for White River National Forest in Colorado.
- Wetlands: Critical links in natural ecosystems. // Skiing;Oct90, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p49
Discusses the Times Mirror Magazines Conservation Council's commitment to the preservation of US wetlands. Comments on agriculture's destruction of wetlands and various provisions of the 1990 Farm Bill. Swampbuster; Wetlands Reservation Program;How to write to elected officials.
- Connections. Watkins, T.H. // Wilderness (07366477);Fall90, Vol. 54 Issue 190, p24
Opinion. Discusses the connection between the human world and the non-human in life, and the need for protecting and preserving wild places and wild things.