NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;7/29/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33358, p2
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. public finance including the decline of new orders of durable goods by .0%, the move of the Treasury Department to auction 37 billion dollars of five-year notes, and the drop of mortgage applications by 4.4%.
- DOMESTIC FINANCIAL STATISTICS Federal Finance. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Nov2002, Vol. 88 Issue 11, pA25
Presents a chart depicting federal financing in the u.S. Total amount of federal debt subject to statutory limitations; Accounts on the total gross public debt of the U.S. Treasury; Details on the transactions conducted by the U.S. Government Securities dealers.
- Treasury: SLGS sales to outpace 1st quarter. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p2
Discloses the United States Treasury Department's plan to sell a total of $6 billion in state and local government series (SLGS) securities to help finance a paydown projected for the second quarter of 1999. Assessment of the cash balance by Jill Ouseley, director of the Treasury's Office of...
- Treasury Slates 2-Year Auction. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p2
Reports on the United States Treasury Department's plan to auction two-year notes on July 26, 2000 to replace maturing securities.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Schloss, Amy // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p2
Reports developments relating to public finance in the United States as of October 2001. Decline of tender rates on discount bills for the Treasury Department; Sell out of discount bills by the Treasury Department; Launch of a customized version on Secondary Market Trading System of Fabkom over...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;9/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31229, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the United States as of September 2001. Recovery of the municipal market after terrorist bombing; Release of budget from the US Treasury Department; Prediction of an economic recession.
- Big federal deficit sends Treasury on new money-shopping spree. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Mar72, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the borrowing program undertaken by the U.S. Department of Treasury due to budget deficit. Information on the projected deficit for fiscal 1972; Reason for the failure of the deficit to meet forecasts; Condition of public spending.
- NOTE AND COMMENT. // America;2/5/1921, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p391
The section offers world news briefs as of February 5, 1921. The decrease in the cost of living from July 1920 to January 1921 is pegged at 11.4% by the U.S. National Industrial Conference Board, but with average prices still 81.2% above the pre-war level. The U.S. Treasury regulation passed an...
- Treasury Slates Auction Paydown. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p2
Reports on the United States Treasury Department's plan to pay down $4.567 billion at its weekly auction of discount bills by selling $23 billion to replace maturing securities.