N.J. Authority Readies $600M For Schools, Free of Obstacles
- New type of Ohio school deal is likely to grab investors' attention. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30771, p3
Presents information on a general obligation bond program for schools in Ohio. Amount to be raised; Appeal of the bonds; Firms which rate state general obligation bonds; Expected success of the issue.
- N.J. Bonding Bill Mired in Controversy. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p31
Reports the dispute over a bonding package in New Jersey. Purpose of funding to repair public schools across the state; Changes made by the New Jersey Senate and Assembly; Implementation of deadline by the Supreme Court.
- Thomas F. Saxton, State Building Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p46
Features the bond program of the Michigan State Building Authority under the leadership of director Thomas F. Saxton. Issuance of bonds for education and state correctional facilities; Plans of buying radio system; Replacement of commercial paper.
- Ohio Preps $300M for School Capital Projects. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;9/20/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33585, p6
The article reports on the general obligation bonds worth 300 million U.S. dollars provided by the state government for school capital projects in Ohio.
- Houston-Area Voters May Face $2.6B of Debt This November. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32684, p4
The article reports that voters may approve billions of bonds in November 2007 to raise money for the growing demands of Harris County and two school districts in Texas. The Houston Independent School District (HISD) has outlined plans to place bond proposal on the ballot, and voters will also...
- Alabama OKs Bond Sale To Dull Pain of Education Cuts. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;05/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on the sale of bonds to cover the reduction of educational funds in Alabama. Reaction of Ragan Ingram, spokesman of Lieutenant Governor Steve Windom, a Republican, on the sale of bonds; Disputes over the measure taken by Governor Donald Siegelman of Alabama; Benefits offered by the...
- Age, Race, Self-Interest, and Financing Public Schools Through Referenda. Tedin, Kent L.; Matland, Richard E.; Weiher, Gregory R. // Journal of Politics;Feb2001, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p270
Using a sample of 628 white, black, and Hispanic voters in a large urban school district, we test a series of hypotheses about voting in a school bond election. We find that there is a core of similar results across racial/ethnic groups. All three groups show strong, directly measured,...
- Hudson County, N.J., Issuing Record $98M for Education, Capital Projects. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p34
The article reports on the sale of general obligation bond in Hudson County, New Jersey. It is the largest bond selling which amounted to nearly $100 million wherein refunding debt will aid the higher education institutions and other capital projects in the state. Furthermore, the county will...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p28
Provides information about the election results for various state bond proposals in the U.S. as of September 27, 2005. Approval of the bond proposal to build three new elementary schools and improve existing schools in Kansas; Amount involved in the approved bond deal to finance for the...