Colin B. Coombs: Thriving in Restylement
- Do your homework before hiring a financial planner for advice. Pandolfi, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/30/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p14
Discusses precautions that investors need to take in order to get the best financial advice available. Need for investors to determine if they actually need a financial planner; Recommendation for investors to seek out fee-based financial planners; Willingness of most investors to learn from...
- Protect yourself. LEAVER, KATE // Money (Australia Edition);Aug2012, Issue 148, p72
The author suggests ways for investors to increase their financial autonomy and perform their own financial advice checks. While waiting for the implementation of the Australian federal government's Future of Financial Advice reforms, which is an effort to restrict financial advisers' capacity...
- The wage of innocence. Eisenberg, Daniel // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/29/1998, Issue 26, p50
Reports on the increasing number of younger fund managers who are making a name for themselves in the financial industries. Average age of a manager as of 1998; Statistics on the success of various younger managers.
- Investors BEHAVING BADLY. Yam, Doug // CA Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the importance for investors to use the services of a professional financial adviser. Errors committed by self-directed investors; Results of bad investment behavior; Tips on making investment policy statement; Solutions to bad investment behavior.
- The Share Club Movement In Canada. Stanley, David // Canadian MoneySaver;Feb2013, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p13
The article discusses the growing influence of ShareClubs in Canada. He explains that current financial crisis and minimal returns have compelled the new investors to seek help from the financial advisors and join ShareClubs to find answers to their individual financial questions. He suggests...
- PROPHETS OR PARASITES? Parkinson, Giles // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/4/2006, Vol. 124 Issue 6527, p35
The article focuses on services that are provided by financial planners. Financial planners play a pivotal role in Australia's savings plan. According to the Financial Planning Association (FPA), the industry gives advice to some 5 million Australian investors who have $640 billion invested for...
- Seven Deadly Sins of Consulting. MacKillop, Scott // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p168
This article presents guidelines for evaluating consultancy services provided by financial planners. The way investment services are delivered in this country has undergone profound change in the last decade. One of the most significant changes has been the shift from the product-oriented sales...
- Two Sea Changes in Affluent Attitudes. Oechsli, Matt // REP.;Apr2012, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p3
The article presents information on the 2012 Affluent Investor Study conducted on financial advisors and their business. The study found that today's affluent women are playing a more active role in every aspect of their family's finances, and they have higher expectations regarding the...
- Finding a financial planner. Conheady, Kay // Empty Closet;Oct2004, Issue 373, pA8
Presents a step-by-step process of finding a financial planner. Identification of personal finance categories to focus on; Compilation of a list of potential candidates; Reduction of the original list into a short list; Preparation of interview questions and interview of shorlisted candidates.