In the 'What Was He Thinking' Department. .
- Transparency for Investors and Regulators Drive Alternative Fund Change. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2013, p51
While allocations to alternatives have made a comeback since the crisis, four out five fund managers still see fundraising as their greatest challenge, while regulation and investor demand for transparency are causing the most change in the sector.
- Most unit trusts don't crack it. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;08/20/99, p66
Reports that unit trusts in South Africa fail to live up to expectations as investment vehicles that reassure investors with expert guidance. Poor performance of unit trusts in terms of investment returns; Comparison of investment returns of fixed bank deposits and mutual funds.
- Dalbar Finds Chasing Returns Causes Investors To Stumble. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/28/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 30, p21
Cites market research findings in 2003 indicating that the eagerness to chase market returns continues to hurt mutual fund investors in their pocket books in the U.S. Self-destructive tendency of investors to miss out on market upswings and sell too quickly on downturns; Average length of time...
- Investors Drain More Cash from HY Funds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/26/2012, p2
The article reports that several investors have withdrawn their investments from high yield mutual funds amounting to 1.3 billion dollars in the U.S. for the week ending November 14, 2012.
- Bogle is wrong to scorn active-fund investing. Currier, Chet // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the outlook of mutual fund investing in Indianapolis, Indiana. Promotion of progress and prosperity; Assessment of the index investing activity; Investment opportunities of the capitalists.
- Sector investing. Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p40
Discusses the factors to consider by investors who seek to diversify their portfolio with different industry sectors. Drawbacks of investing on one sector; Importance of mutual funds to investment; Recommended resources for sector analysis.
- GREATER GOOD. Pellet, Jennifer // Entrepreneur;Jan2004, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p49
Reveals evidence on the growing popularity of responsible investing wherein investors choose mutual funds based on nonfinancial criteria. Increase in the assets of funds that factor in environmental concerns.
- HOW THE RICH 200 INVEST. Heathcote, Andrew // BRW;8/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p11
The article discusses the investments of Robert Maple-Brown's investment company Maple-Brown Abbott.
- DIY STRATEGIES. Colley, Graeme // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2015/Jan2016, Issue 185, p75
The author discusses factors that need to be considered by self-managed super fund (SMSF) investors before changing their asset allocation and investment strategies.