- An Analysis of the Performance of Value Line's Mutual Fund Rankings. O'Hara, H. Thomas; Samuelson, Shawn T. // Proceedings of the Northeast Business & Economics Association;2009, p158
Since 1995, Value Line has expanded their published research from only securities to include various types of mutual funds, using the same unbiased statistical principles that they applied to stock evaluation. In this research, we analyze the 15 year performance consistency as well as the risk...
- PSERS Changes Managers, Allocations. H. S. // Investment Management Weekly;3/28/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the move of Pennsylvania Public School Employees' Retirement System to terminate two asset managing firms during a March 18, 2005 board meeting. Reason for the move of the mutual fund; Plans of the mutual fund; Total amount of assets of the mutual fund.
- MUTUAL FUNDS. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/21/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 25, p9
Lists the most recommended stock funds in the U.S. as of June 2004. Vanguard International Explorer; T. Rowe Price International Discovery; Hennessey Cornerstone Growth; Scudder Mid Cap.
- DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY! SAD IS NOT THE ANSWER! Eser, Zekeriya; Maskara, Pankaj Kumar // International Journal of the Academic Business World;Fall2010, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p17
This paper provides an alternative explanation for the fall seasonality pattern observed in stock prices. We contend that the observed patterns of equity returns in the fall can be a result of the strategic actions of mutual funds in the presence of asymmetric incentives offered by net inflow of...
- MUTUAL FUNDS: THE OTHER BIG SCANDAL. // Consumer Reports;Mar2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p12
Deals with high costs in the form of loads and unnecessary fund expenses that can weigh down buoyant portfolio. Gross profits in the mutual-fund industry; Significance of mutual funds; Decision of large mutual-fund companies to de-emphasize direct sales.
- Against the grain. Rennie, Philip // BRW;10/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p72
Discusses the chances for profits from contrarian stocks in Australia in 2004. Listed investment companies that specialize in the contrarian approach; Fund manager Hunter Hall International; MMC Management Group; Commonness of losses in contrarian investing.
- Tops in the Field: Three Approaches to Oil. // Fortune;11/24/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p336
Presents information on the oil-related mutual funds in context of top three performers in the category. Fact that Fidelity Select Energy Service is the most focused, holding only oil services stocks; Report on the second fund, State Street Research Global Resources that throws oil-exploration...
- Do mutual fund acquisitions affect shareholder wealth?: empirical evidence. Bryant, Lonnie // Journal of Finance & Accountancy;Mar2011, Vol. 6, p1
Berk and Green (2004) posit that as expenses increase and funds become less attractive relative to passive alternatives, managers are able to earn equilibrium compensation with a smaller amount of assets under management. Mutual fund acquisitions provide an empirical laboratory with little...
- Brian Tora: Why careful research is key when it comes to investment trusts. Tora, Brian // Fundweb;3/3/2014, p29
The article focuses on investment trusts in Great Britain. It is noted that the board of directors that call the shots over how and by whom the trust is managed is one of the principal differences between an investment trust and open-ended investment vehicles. It is mentioned that it is...