Nurse X-ray requests reduce waiting times
- Triage nurse who did not follow the protocols and forged her references. // British Journal of Nursing;5/22/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p589
Details the case of a triage nurse who did not follow the protocols for the practice of triage nursing. Features of the protocols; Inquiry that produced the finding that the nurse submitted fake documents to apply for the job.
- Trust nurses with a wider clinical role. // Pulse;10/19/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 34, p19
The author discusses the increasing use of nurses for management, diagnosis, and triage of simpler conditions in Great Britain.
- GP co-ops call foul as NHS Direct fails to cut call time. // Pulse;2/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p7
Reports that the National Heath Service Direct (NHS Direct) has failed to deliver its promise of efficient nurse triage despite investment in Axa assistant software in Great Britain. Average NHS Direct call length for December 2002; Impact of failure to improve performance on Government plans...
- CNE objectives/questions. // ED Nursing;Jan2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p36
A quiz concerning the emergency triage nursing is presented.
- Report supports nurses in triage role. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p37
Deals with the report 'Consistency of Triage in Victorian Emergency Departments,' released in September 2001. Improvement of emergency nursing practices in the public hospital system; Inconsistency in the triage system; Importance of the role of emergency departments of hospitals.
- Journal of Emergency Medicine. Trancoso, Jewel M. // Caribbean Medical Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p28
A review of the article "Emergency Medicine Department Triage: do experienced nurses agree on triage scores?" by C. Dallaire, which appeared in the periodical "Journal of Emergency Medicine" in June 2012, is presented.
- Swedish emergency department triage and interventions for improved patient flows: a national update. // Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation & Emergency Medici;2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p72
The article offers information on a study conducted on the development in the emergency department triage and interventions for improved patient flows in Sweden. It states that 59 percent of the emergency departments (EDs) are planning to or have implemented nurse requested X-ray. It mentions...
- LEARNING TO TAKE THE TRAUMA OF TRIAGE . McLeod, Kathryn A. // RN;Jul75, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p23
Explores the emergency system of Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas as it revolves around the triage nurse and reveals how the nurse learns to cope with the trauma of triage. Major stress-producing factors that an emergency department nurse working in triage role must learn to cope...
- NURSES TEACHING NURSES. Crafter, Narelle; Little, Amanda; Ritchie, Jeni // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p35
Deals with the initiative of a group of three emergency department nurses of developing an advanced triage nursing assessment course. Status of triage nursing education according to current research as of June 2000; Objectives and method of the group's study regarding triage nursing education;...