A brief intervention reduced alcohol drinking for up to 48 months in problem drinkers
- Alcohol dependence: provisional description of a clinical syndrome. Edwards, Griffith; Gross, Milton M. // British Medical Journal;5/1/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6017, p1058
Focuses on the treatment of alcohol dependence syndrome (ADS) in the United States. Characterization of ADS; Difficulty of associating clinical syndrome with psychological basis of dependence; Elements of the syndrome.
- Review: Brief interventions reduce drinking in patients not seeking treatment. Graham, Allan // ACP Journal Club;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 137 Issue 2, p58
Presents a study that investigated the effect of brief interventions on the drinking habit of persons with alcohol problems. Composite of all drinking-related outcomes for brief interventions for reducing alcohol drinking; Information on data sources and study selection; Comparison of brief...
- 12 CE. // History of Science & Technology;2004, p78
The article cites the medical use of alcohol described by Thaddeus of Florence, Italy in 12 CE.
- Topiramate in the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;1/1/2004, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p195
Studies the application of oral topiramate in the treatment of alcohol dependence. Mechanism of action of topiramate; Design of the study; Discussion on the result of the study.
- Ethanol Intoxication Complicating Intravenous Nitroglycerin Therapy. Shook, Thomas L.; Kirshenbaum, James M.; Hundley, Randal F.; Shorey, Jeannette M.; Lamas, Gervasio A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct84, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p498
Presents the case of patients undergoing high doses of intravenous nitroglycerin who developed alcohol intoxication. Indications for intravenous nitroglycerin; Background on the patients; Ethanol content of nitroglycerin preparations.
- Alcoolismo: doenï¿½a e significado em Alcoï¿½licos Anï¿½nimos. de Campos, Edemilson Antunes // Etnogrï¿½fica: Revista do Centro de Estudos de Antropologia Soci;mai2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p103
The purpose of this article is to understand the therapeutic model of the Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) to approach the so-called alcoholism illness by means of an analysis of cultural codes that operate in the health-illness process. Starting from an ethnographic research made among AA groups...
- Care and Confront. Yasinski, Michael // Arizona Foothills Magazine;Aug2012, p26
The article discusses a non-confrontational method in addressing the drinking problem of alcoholics in the U.S. It mentions that the first step to address such problem is to identify whether or not an individual has insight into their addiction which could help determine the aggressiveness of...
- More about wine and a little less whining. J.S. // Restaurant Business;3/20/94, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the health benefits of moderate consumption of alcohol. Effects of moderate levels of alcohol in reducing risks of heart attacks by raising high density lipoprotein (HDL); Correlation of longer lifespan with moderate alcohol consumption; Change in the government policy regarding...
- Hangover herb. // Filipino Post;1/12/2012, p5
The article offers information on a research about the herbal medicine dihydromyricetin.