- Reviews. Lamb, Robert L. // Physical Therapy;Sep2000, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p941
Reviews the book `Critical Evaluation of Research in Physical Rehabilitation: Towards Evidence-Based Practice,' by A. Helewa, J.W. Walter.
- New Wellness Newsletter gives Sailors Information on Health Initiatives. Frith, Teresa J. // All Hands;Jun2007, Issue 1082, p13
The article reports on the new online newsletter which is designed to promote health initiatives to sailors in the U.S.
- CLINICAL ONLINE. // Pulse;10/27/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 32, p27
The article offers online updates related to clinical practice.
- Web Page Potpourri. Roswell, Marjorie // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jul2003, Issue 240, p139
Lists online information services on alternative medicine. Health and Medicine in News; Google News; Vegetarian News; New York Times News Tracker.
- On call for the doctors. Halliday, Leah // Information World Review;Dec2000, Issue 164, p48
Focuses on the Evidence Based on Call (EBoC), an initiative from the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine (CEBM) at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford, England that streamlines the creation and delivery of critically appraised topics using networked communications technology. Individuals...
- On_the_Net@cma.ca. Green, Deidre // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;04/21/98, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p1075
Discusses online medical resources. The Canadian Medical Association's Ovid Search: Link to Electronic Resources (OSLER); Tips for users on the search interface created by OVID Technologies; Searching by author; Linking authors to a subject; Contact point.
- Here come patients who've `studied' medicine on-line. Lowes, Robert L. // Medical Economics;01/27/97, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p175
Compares the advantages and disadvantages of `studying' medicine or getting medical information from online sources. Medical journals and foundations with presence on the Internet; Creation of Medline and Grateful Med on the World Wide Web; Collaborative approach toward online research;...
- Telemedicine Information Exchange: http://tie.telemed.org. Patterson, V. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;Jul2003, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p976
Features the Telemedicine Information Exchange, a Web site run by the Telemedicine Research Center in Portland, Oregon. Presentation of an overview of telemedicine; Searchable bibliography of more than 12,000 references on telemedicine; Links to other telemedicine-related sites.
- TRIP ON "LINE" May, Angelo M. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1975, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p265
Focuses on the online information resources offered by the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland. Definitions of acronyms used in accessing information provided by the library; Implications of the availability of the med-line search service of the library for the editorial board of...