Oregon Court Ruling Clears Way for More Lottery Bonds
- Bond Capacity Put at $1.6B. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p9
The article focuses on the forecast on Oregon's bond capacity in fiscal year 2009 as reported by state Treasurer Ben Westlund. The Oregon State Debt Policy Advisory Commission noted that the state can issue as much as $979 million of new general fund-supported bonds and $616 million of lottery...
- West Virginia Bond Committees Struggle With Legal Challenges. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p30
Lawmakers in West Virginia have made some progress in moving forward with a long-awaited pension bond deal, while they continue to debate how to resolve legal problems surrounding the issuance of lottery-backed bonds for economic development. During a special legislative session during the...
- California Governor's Lottery Plan Under Attack as Revenues Languish. // Bond Buyer;5/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32886, p5
The article reports that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's lottery bond proposal is being criticized in California. Faced with decreasing revenue projections for 2009, Schwarzenegger proposed to raise $15 billion over three years through lottery securitization. The California Legislative...
- Lottery Tops Funding Goal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32430, p27
The article reports that the Oklahoma Lottery Commission has exceeded its funding goal.
- Inside City Hall. Norville, Bunny // Munday Courier (TX);4/22/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p5
The article focuses on the revenue earned by Texas lottery and its financial contribution to support the Foundation School Fund (FSF), which helps pay for public education in Texas.
- Lottery Commission on Track to Meet Budget Estimates. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);3/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that the lottery revenues of West Virginia Lottery Commission are on track to meet all of its obligations such as the budget estimates.
- Bletchley Park wins Â£4.6 million lottery grant for restoration of codebreaking units. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;10/7/2011, p20
The article reports on the acquisition of a 4.6 million-pound lottery grant from the Heritage Lottery by Bletchley Park on October 5, 2011, a move that will enable the restoration of iconic Codebreaking Huts 1, 3 and 6 and create a world-class visitor centre and exhibition in the derelict Block C.
- Betting on West Virginia. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the development of strategy for leveraging the proceeds of lottery-backed revenue bonds by the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee. Purpose for the bond strategy; Approval on the formation of the Committee by Governor Bob Wise; Payment of the bond debt by the Legislature...
- Group's Suit Could Affect West Virginia Agency's Bond Plans. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31469, p32
Reports the lawsuit filed by citizen activist against West Virginia economic development panel to award grants from proceeds in Washington. Approximation of 200 million dollars on lottery-backed revenue bonds; Depiction on Southeast invisible supply; Approval on the funding of economic...