MONTANA: Jailhouse Approval
- Proposed Oklahoma Measure Intended to Arrest Prison Costs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p3
Focuses on two Oklahoma lawmakers' introduction of a legislation to let local trusts issue bonds for building jails. Proposal by Senator Paul Muegge and Representative Jim Reese; Efforts to rehabilitate the state's prison construction program; Reduction in the number of prison bond issues.
- Private Jail? We Want One. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p31
No abstract available.
- Legislature needs to help with regional economic problems. // Corridor Business Journal;9/3/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p12
The author reflects on the passage of a $46.8-million bond in Johnson County, Iowa on November 6, 2012 for the establishment of a new justice center to include a new county jail and the Johnson County Courthouse which will help with regional economic problems.
- Second Chance for Jail. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p31
Reports that officials of Denver, Colorado, has resurrected a bond-financed plan to build a downtown jail and courthouse.
- Fitch: Wayne County Jail Bonds Particularly Vulnerable. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;3/13/2015, p27
The article presents a warning from Fitch Ratings about the vulnerability to default of the 200 million dollar bonds issued by Wayne County, Michigan for a downtown Detroit jail. Concerns raised by Fitch Ratings analysts in a report include the county's limited-tax general obligation pledge, the...
- Bernalillo County, N.M., Leasing Old Jail in Order to Back New Jail Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on the plans of Bernalillo County, New Mexico to lease its jail in Albuquerque, New Mexico to a private operator and use the rent to back revenue bonds for a psychiatric unit. Estimated cost of the psychiatric unit; Criticism of the county's plans; Credit ratings of the county.
- Arizona Taxpayers Find Revenues Not Going Directly to Jail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p4
Reports on the approval by voters in Maricopa County, Arizona for the maintenance of jails in the county. Plans of the county to build a training department the collected tax; Features of the training department; Comments of the president of Arizona Tax Research Association Kelvin McCarthy over...
- SHERIFF TAKES A STAND Thanks to an expanded jail, the worst of the worst stay behind bars. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/2/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p40
Comments on the expansion of the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Problem of overcrowding that the jail experienced prior to the expansion; Agreement among local municipalities to put video poker revenues into a pool that would be used to pay for an expanded...
- Expanded jail sharply reduces inmate releases caused by overcrowding. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/2/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p40
Reports on how the expansion of the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, resulted in the reduction of inmate releases. Number of inmates that the Sheriff's Office had to release each month because of overcrowding; Total number of beds at the jail after the...