CALIFORNIA: Toll No More
- Executive forgets to renew bridge toll. Meilton, David // Public Finance;9/7/2001, p15
Reports on the suspension of toll charges in the Erskine Bridge over the River Clyde in Scotland. Investigation into the alleged continued toll collection since the lapse of the legislation allowing officials collect tolls; Government revenues from the tolls.
- NEW JERSEY: Raising the River Bridge. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/15/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33796, p7
The article reports that the River Joint Toll Bridge Commission of Delaware has sold its bridge system revenue refunding bonds of 98 million U.S. dollars.
- Infrastructure Tolls in Texas: Evidence from the Borderplex. De Leon, Marcycruz; Fullerton, Jr., Thomas M.; Kelley, Brian W.; Molina, Jr., Angel L. // Texas Business Review;Apr2009, p1
The article presents information on tolls charged on several international bridges that link El Paso, Texas, and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. It is stated that these user fees are an important source of revenue for the physical infrastructure connecting these border metropolitan economies. The...
- Market Post: Munis Weaker, But Not Due to Detroit. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/22/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33948, p1
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market that has started unaffected by the Chapter 9 bankruptcy filed by Detroit, Michigan in the week of July 2013. He mentions that the city's bankruptcy had little impact on trading but the market has...
- Congress Must Embrace Tolls, Advocates Say. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;12/16/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33234, p4
The article reports on the call of the transportation advocates in the U.S. to the policymakers to adopt the tolling systems. The advocates note that this move would allow the government to obtain revenues needed to fund large projects. Furthermore, they suggest that lawmakers must lessen...
- Hong Kong toll road deal coming soon. McGeer, Bonnie // Asset Securitization Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the securitization of revenue from five government toll roads and one bridge in Hong Kong, China. Management of the deal by Citigroup Global Markets and HSBC Securities; Repayment of principal and interest; Securitization of tunnel and bridge revenue.
- Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission to Sell $300M. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;9/6/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32707, p3
The article reports on the plan of Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission to issue $300 million of fixed-rate and auction-rate revenue bonds beginning on September 10, 2007 for capital improvements. On September 10, 2007, the commission will issue the first half as fixed-rate bonds and on...
- No, Mr. Mayor: Santa Claus Ain't for Taxpayers. // Saturday Evening Post;1/1/1949, Vol. 221 Issue 27, p72
The article comments on the tax implications of the construction of a toll bridge in Madison, Illinois. The city expects to generate $100,000 in revenue from the toll bridge which will eliminate the need for real estate and personal property taxes. Several people may insist on the use of the...
- Humber toll effect slated. // Planning (14672073);10/24/2008, Issue 1792, p8
The article reports on the beneficial impact of the removal of tolls in the Humber Bridge on the economy of Humberside, England in 2008. Results of the analysis conducted by consultancy Colin Buchanan reveal that abolishing the tolls on the bridge could possibly improve the economy of the area...