Wisconsin to Sell $140 Million of Transportation Revenue Bonds
- IRS to Audit 40 Deals Over Penalties. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit 40 tax-exempt governmental bond issues beginning January 2003. Reasons for the audit; Areas to be examined by IRS; Penalty for the issuers not meeting payment requirements of arbitrage.
- IRS seeks to clarify tax-exempt bond use. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/9/94, Vol. 232 Issue 19, p16
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's proposed rule on the use of tax-exempt bond by industrial wastewater dischargers and municipalities considering privatization of sewerage plants. Clarification of what types of wastewater treatment facilities are entitled to use of...
- Santa Maria, Calif., Settles $30 Million COP Audit With IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p5
The article reports on the auditing on its 30 million dollars waste and wastewater certificates of participation (COP). It was determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that the COPs were arbitrage bonds and should be declared taxable. The IRS in 2005 has started auditing the so-called...
- THE CAPITAL GAINS TAX ORDER 1970. // Accountancy;Jun70, Vol. 81 Issue 922, p458
The article reports on the extension of the Schedule of Exempt Government securities listed in part I, eighteenth schedule of the Finance Act of 1969 in Great Britain.
- Lack of Response Forces the IRS To Cancel Private-Activity Hearing. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p5
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to cancel a public hearings on proposed regulations designed to allow issuers to remedy violations of private-activity bond rules. Changes of existing remediation rules; Correction of private-activity bond-rule violations; Retainment...
- Colorado to Sell $650M Competitive Tran Issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p3
The article reports on the plans of the state of Colorado to market tax and revenue anticipation notes. The offering will be sold via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. Proceeds from the notes will finance general fund expenditures before the state receives the bulk of its tax and fee...
- IRS to Audit Seminole Tribe of Florida's $124 Million of Tax-Exempt Bonds. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32063, p4
The Internal Revenue Service is planning to expand its examination into bonds issued by the Capital Trust Agency and the Seminole Tribe of Florida by opening an audit into $124 million of interest on tax-exempt bonds is sued in 2003 and 2004, according to a material event notice posted by...
- Lakeland, Fla., Health Bonds Under Audit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p6
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audited the hospital revenue bonds worth 60 million dollars of the Lakeland Regional Health Systems in Lakeland, Florida.
- Tennessee's Johnson City Receives Proposed Adverse Determination From IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p6
The article reports on the proposed adverse determination received by the Johnson City, Tennessee from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The deal will become final if not appealed by the city. Most proceeds from the sale were allocated in government securities in an escrow held by...