Cook County Budget Plan Would Keep Spending at 2001 Levels
- Pennsylvania GO Sale Postponed Due to Impasse Over '04 Budget. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p1
Reports on the postponement of the sale of the general obligation bonds of Pennsylvania due to the failure of the state Legislature to finalize a capital budget for fiscal 2004. Inclusions of refunding bonds; Authorization of commonwealth sale; Escalation of education spending.
- Pennsylvania Budget Plan Taps Reserves, Calls for Bonds. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p5
Reports on the budget introduced by Pennsylvania governor Mark Schweiker on February 6, 2002 according to which $550 million will be drawn from the state's rainy-day fund and $280 million will be sold in bonds. Purpose of withdrawing the money from the fund and selling the bonds; Role of the...
- California's Backup Recovery Bond Plan Shrinks to $8.6 Billion. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p4
Reports on the reduction of the backup recovery bond plan in San Francisco, California. Payment of the short-term notes; Issuance of fiscal recovery bond; Need for voter approval.
- District of Columbia's budget approved. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/14/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30273, p4
Reports on the approval of the District of Columbia's fiscal 1998 budget by the United States Congress on November 13, 1997. Effect of clearing the way for the district to issue negotiated long-term debt and sell deficit bonds; Objections from Representative Charles Taylor to the bill.
- Poland may shift pension funds' bond holdings to state, paper. // Regional Today;04/04/2013, p4
The article reports on the plan by the Polish government to shift some treasury bonds held by private pension funds to the state budget to reduce state debt in 2013.
- Oman raises defences. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/7/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 40, p20
The article reports that the government of Oman has issued 1.3-billion dollars of sovereign bonds to contain the effect of its fiscal budget deficit for the entire 2015.
- Building Treasury Systems. Potter, Barry H.; Diamond, Jack // Finance & Development;Sep2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the introduction of treasury systems by 14 of the 15 former republics of the Soviet Union. Components of building a treasury system; Less centralized approach in developing treasury functions; Problems on fiscal and expenditure management; Poor budget formulation; Remedy for the...
- Government To Sell Off Stakes, Reduce Deficit. Chaze, Aaron // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2012, p14
The article reports on the announcement of the Indian government on its renewed efforts to sell stakes in 15 companies to reduce the country's fiscal deficit during the fiscal year 2012-2013.
- NGA: Weak Economy, Rising Costs Will Lead to Continued High Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p5
State bond issuance will continue at its current high level in the near future as the states struggle with rising costs and declining revenues, the executive director of a group representing governors predicted on June 26, 2003. Weak revenues coupled with the rising cost of providing services to...