Tax Legislation: Democrats Propose $9B in Amtrak Bonds
- House Transportation Panel Passes Bills Funding Amtrak, Rail Projects. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p5
Reports the approval of the legislative bill for railway projects by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Allocation of funds for Amtrak Corp.; Provisions of the bill; Sources of funds.
- Going Whose Way? Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p1
Reports on the uncertainty related to the approval of the pending legislation to provide rail service provider Amtrak Corp. billions of dollars bond funding. Several proposals of Amtrak under consideration before the U.S. Congress; Overview of the tax-credit bond legislation; Several...
- Mineta Proposes Loan Guarantee for Amtrak. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p5
Reports the proposal of the U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Y. Mineta of a loan guarantee for the employees of Amtrak Corp. Provisions of the supplemental spending bill; Views of the officials of Amtrak Corp. on the proposed bill; Allocation of budget.
- Amtrak Renewal Bills Stalled Over Spending Control, Union Questions. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p5
Reports the temporary hold on Amtrak developing high-speed rail projects by a dispute of possible White House control of capital spending in the U.S. Legislation of two rail infrastructure bills; Introduction of the bill by Don Young; Requirement on the submission of business plan at the start...
- Road Bill Clears Senate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33700, p9
The article reports that the Senate Bill (SB) 339 passed by the Alabama Senate to the House authorizing the issuance of 650-million dollar revenue bonds for highways, roads, and bridges will enable the Alabama Highway Authority to issue bonds secured by 13-cent per gallon tax on diesel fuel.
- States support Amtrak strategic plan, will contribute
their share. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Oct2004, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p14
Presents information on the U.S. government-funded Corridor Demonstration Program announced by Amtrak for prioritized state capital-improvement projects as of late June 2004. Terms of the program; States which support the program; Value of the transportation bill approved by the U.S. House of...
- Intercity Passenger Rail: Amtrak Needs to Improve Its Accountability for Taxpayer Relief Act Funds: RCED/AIMD-00-78. // GAO Reports;2/29/2000, p1
Focuses on the accountability of the National Railroad Passenger Corp. for Taxpayer Relief Act (TRA) Fund. Use of the fund for capital improvements; Establishment of separate accounts; Decision of the corporation on not to use separate disbursement system to pay TRA expenditures.
- Another Amtrak Proposal Surfaces in House. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/31/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31439, p4
Reports the bill introduced by Representative Julia M. Carson providing financial support for Amtrak operations in the U.S. Amount of the investment; Development of a high-speed rail service; Allocation of budget to the Department of Transportation for research and development.
- House Keeps Amtrak's $900M Price Tag, for Now. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p4
Reports on the decision of the U.S. House on a legislative bill, to change funding for transportation company Amtrak Corp. in the fiscal 2004 spending for the Transportation and Treasury departments. Reason behind the decision of the House; Need to solve problem of highway infrastructure in the...